Streets of Seilen IC Campaign

Rhialto

First Post
This is the begining of my "Streets of Seilen" campaign, which is set in my world of Tur An Tiel.

The players are...

Mal Malenkirk (Game Control)--a gadflyish mercenary.

Kaiambus Arkhendeire (Kajimba Lion)--an ex-guild enforcer with sorcerous ability

Vargo Sentilospar (Vargo)--a Gnomari priest of Astra.

Yunalesca (tokiwong)--a good natured druid from Cassira.

Sirath Leisterb (Clear Dragon)--a cynical Quaesteri thief.

Kelvin Arenstine (Sollir Furryfoot)--an Alfari wizard.

Rhialto

First Post
Prologue

At the very edge of the Outer World, there is a palace far larger than any palace has a right to be. It towers over the landscape, a testament to its creator's power. And to death. For the entire structure is made of bones. Spinal cords and femurs support its unwieldy base--passing through the gateway, one goes through a set of ribs so colossal, one might be tempted to speculate as to their owner. And then one might think better of it. As one passes through hallways large enough for an elephant to walkthrough, you would see that even the floors and furniture are made out of bones. Passing chandeliers made of arm bones, one would come to tables carved out of the pinions of dragons, and goblets of human skulls. The entire thing is a hymn to death. And a hymn to death's master. To Thanatos, Dark Reaper of Souls, and Lord of the Charnal House.

At the moment, if you could see him, you would see a man clad in a large dark robe. You would perhaps catch the occasional glance of a pair of burning eyes. You would not see his face. The Lord of the Charnal House does not permit that sort of familiarity, not even to his servants. This man would be staring into a vast pool of blood, held in the skull of a dragon. The skull is that of Anakires, King of Dragons, Firstborn of Sebera, who Thanatos slew. The blood is the blood of a god, whose name has been all but forgotten, who Thanatos also slew. Thanatos stares at this blood intensely as if it holds great significance. And perhaps to the burning eyes of Thanatos, it does. At length, Thanatos turns away from the Pool of Blood. "Melkys--attend me." The voice of Thanatos is a dark, quiet thing that can not be denied. He does not shout. And yet he is never unheard.

Melkys Verminlord creeps out of the corners of the chamber. He has many shapes. At the moment, he takes the form of grimy old man, with a face not unlike a toad. "Of course, great lord." he mutters nervously. "I live to serve. And I serve to live..." Melkys is not loyal to Thanatos. He would overthrow him if he could. But Melkys is a coward, and Thanatos is beyond his ability to overthrow. And so he serves.

Thanatos turns to him, something akin to disgust apparent in his bearing towards Melkys. "It is beginning." he says. There is something close to satisfaction in Dark Reaper's voice. It is not satisfaction, for Thanatos will not be satisfied until he has quenched all life. But it is close enough.

Melkys supplicates himself at Thanatos's feet. "That is marvelous, great master. Soon then, we will be avenged on the Aellari..."

Thanatos glances at Melkys. "I will be avenged on the Aellari..."

Melkys gives a nervous laugh. "Of course. I mispoke myself. You will be avenged, and I will recieve the pleasure of seeing you avenged..."

Thanatos raises his hand. "Enough." Melkys immediately quiets. Millennia of experience have taught him that it wisest not to press one's luck with the Lord of the Charnal House. At length, Thanatos speaks again. "Prepare your servants, Melkys. I will do the same. The hour is nigh. The balance that has kept us in check for so long is about to be undone..." He pauses there relish in his voice. "They cannot hold us back now."

Melkys bows deeply. "Of course master. I go... immediately." With that he creeps away. Thanatos turns back to the pool. None see the face of Thanatos. Not even servants, for the Lord of the Charnal House does not permit that sort of familiarity. But if it could be seen...

It would be smiling...

Rhialto

First Post
Act 1: Scene 1

The caravan that is carrying you has been travelling for five weeks. It has been rather cramped going, actually--the caravan is only three wagons, and one of them has been taken by a rather prominent figure from Blackcastle Tower. You have spent most of the trip either outside, in what has been uncomfortably damp weather or jostling elbows with your fellow passengers in the caravan. But finally, after weeks of hardship, you are nearing Seilen...

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Yunalesca walks lazily alongside her pet Valis, her lion companion. Despite the weather and the corwded conditions she still seems somewhat wide-eyed and very much appreciative of the sights she has seen in the last 5 weeks...

"Almost to Salien, Valis..." she nuzzles the mane of her lion, "I know I know you are grumpy cheer up, this is the farthest from home we have ever been. I wonder what Salien is like, another big city, oh I don't know I almost feel nervous..."

Valis saunter alongside of her, his eyes gazing back and forth across the road despite his stern nature, he can be very soft and quite plesant...

Yunalesca trots along with a bounce in her step... her golen hir ending in two ponytails... she smiles brightly to all in the caravan and all those that past and gives good greetings...

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Mal rouses once more from his slumber.

''Rrmmhhmm wha... I hope that now we've arrived.''

Mal looks despondant as he realizes that the caravan hasn't quite reached the city yet.

-''Oh crap. Well now I can't go back to sleep. Hrmmph. Let's do some exercise then. ''

He dons on his full gears, from the chain shirt to the backpack and including his impossibly flashy red hair helmet. Then he starts jogging around the caravan at a brisk pace as it keeps moving toward the city. It's pretty much what he did the whole trip; sleep, complain and train.

OOC: My helmet looks somethink like that, except the cheek guard are removed and in the back there is an engraved inscription:

The Gods watch over us.
It keeps them entertained.

It's hard to see, though, because of all the red hair in the way.

r8112-roman-helmet-red-hair.gif

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:
OOC: Huh, do I know the prominent figure from Blackcastle tower? Or was it me? It's in Mal's character to monopolize a wagon if he can get away with it and to whine about it if he can't.

OOC: The prominent figure from Blackcastle Tower--ain't you. That's all I'll say for now...

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
As Mal is jogging, he grumbles every time he passes in front of the ''Blacktower'' wagon

-''Lousy Blacktowerians. I Fight for them, I bleed for them, and they repay me by stealing a whole wagon. Forced me to sleep in cramped quarters. I had to sleep next to a lion for Polychrome's sake! Lousy blacktowerians...''

And it goes on and on.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Yunalesca waves to Mal...

"Training again... he is very determined... isn't he Valis?"

Valis shrugs in reply more interested in the scenery then Mal...

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Kaiambus Arkhendeire

Inside the caravan wagon that housed Mal, Kaiambus stirs slightly, arching an eyebrow at the grumpy mercenary. As the mercenary gets equipped, Kaiambus pulls the hood of his cloak down low, closes his eyes, and starts to meditate, absentmindedly patting Kazanaus, his cat. Seilen is the last place in the entire world that I need to be, he mutters to himself right before he sinks into his trance...

OOC — What's the rest of the scene in this wagon like? Aside from the recently departed Mal (do I know his name, or is he just the mercenary to me?), who's in here with me?

tKL

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Yunalesca waves to Mal...

"Training again... he is very determined... isn't he Valis?"

Mal heard that comment from Yunalesca and shouts back to her:

-''I hate training. But I'd hate getting killed even more!''

Last edited:

Remove ads