Stronghold Builder's Guidebook

Guilberwood

First Post
Wormwood said:
For what it's worth:
My current campaign is centered around the PC's rebuilding a ruined keep in the face of an impending orc invasion (you gotta love King Obould Many-Arrows).

Wow, I loved this idea, I hadnever thought about that before

do you have a story-hour or anything I can read to see how's that working out?

thanks

Kirowan

First Post
Silveras said:
As for Naval combat, no, Fields of Blood does not address it. The closest it comes is mentioning moving troops by ship, and even that "assumes there are enough ships available". I like the naval combat rules in FFG's Seafarer's Handbook; the book is also just plain a good resource for adding some seagoing elements to any campaign (underwater combat rules, naval combat rules, feats, skills, equipment, aquatic races, and so on).

I think using MMS:WE to detail the lowest levels is a good approach. In that sense, MMS:WE makes a good companion volume to Empire or Fields of Blood. I think there is a little too much overlap (and inconsistency) with the BoSD for them to be used together, but it works well with the others.

I plan to pick of Book of the Sea (by Mongoose) when available which seems like an expansion of Seas of Blood. I've heard good things about it. Did you ever read it?

Thanks for all the help Silveras. Maybe you should give writing your own realm management, mass combat system a shot. ;)

Nick

Silveras

First Post
Kirowan said:
I plan to pick of Book of the Sea (by Mongoose) when available which seems like an expansion of Seas of Blood. I've heard good things about it. Did you ever read it?

Thanks for all the help Silveras. Maybe you should give writing your own realm management, mass combat system a shot. ;)

Nick

No, I haven't read Seas of Blood. I have been leery of Mongoose products since filpping through some of the early Quintessential X and Slayers Guide to X books in my FLGS. I have picked up their Babylon 5 books, and been moderately pleased (except with the adventures ... the maps in The Fiery Trial have no scale, making them next to useless. Is that a map of a space station, or a drawing of a desk lamp ?). Seafarer's Handbook provides all I need (my players are TERRIFIED of sea voyages after someone else's 'Danger on Monster Island' campaign ended horribly).

On the topic of me writing my own rules.. heh... check the house rules folder for my Converting Birthright to Non-Cerilia use thread. It has my "adjustments" to Birthright, for using its system in other worlds.

Remove ads