• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

John Crichton

First Post
As a huge fan of Sports Night and then The West Wing I was really looking forward to Aaron Sorkin's next show. A "behind the scenes" view of an SNL analog sounded awesome. Just watched the pilot and it has all the classic Sorkin dialogue and flawed characters. In short, it's awesome.

I never thought Matthew Perry could play anyone but Matthew Perry/Chandler from Friends until I saw him on West Wing. And now he actually has a character to sink his teeth into. Liked the other two shows I mentioned? Check this one out. It's got it where it counts and the previews for next week look even better than this week's stuff.

Taelorn76

First Post
I wasn't sure about this show, but my wife really wanted to watch it. I was suprised I really enjoyed the show and will be tuning in next week.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I saw it. I never liked West Wing and this did seem really similar in feel. Of course the West Wing recieved much aclaim and lasted a long time. I will probably watch one more episode but in all likelyhood I will leave the show to others who like that sort of thing.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I was a fan of Sports Night (never got into TWW) and Matthew Perry was always the best part of Friends (blarg) so I figured I would like it, and I did. Definitely tuning in.

Bonzi

First Post
It usually takes a couple episodes for me to get interested in a new show, but this one grabbed me from the start. Definitely going into my Tivo rotation.

johnsemlak

First Post
I've been looking forward to this one for a while. The first ep was pretty good but I'm expecting great things with the cast and crew. From TWW it has both Soorkin and Thomas Schlamme (sp?), as well as at least two actors.

Saw (most of) the pilot last night by accident. (Show's rebroadcast on Bravo.)

The thing that surprised me, more than Perry, was Weber. Where did Weber get gravitas? Most unexpected.

Anyway, I gave up on West Wing sometime before Sorkin's departure. It was ... clever, but too writerly and speechified for me. As the subject matter in S60 is lighter, the speeches should be a bit less frequent. I'll tune in tonight, anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads