• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stumped for Ideas for characters

Oghma

First Post
I'm joining a campaign in a little bit where the DM is allowing me to create an 8th, 9th, and 10th level character. The group is interested in having a sorcer and a bard, but there are no strict requirements. I've been kicking ideas around, for each character, and here is what I've come up with so far.

8th level:

Halfling sorcerer 8. I had intended this character to be a sort of spell tosser, with feats geared towards improving ranged touch attacks to hit and damage. This idea is now in limbo since the DM is only using core books and I won't have access to the Orb series from T & B. I need spell suggestions on this one.

9th level:

Dwarven Fighter 4 / Wizard 5. This character will use the Still Spell feat to cast transmuation style spells in combat, and will also have item creation feats, working towards a sort of artificer style of dwarf. I haven't gone heavily into the spell list yet.

10th level:

Elven Fighter 5/Bard 5. This character has feats heavily focused into archery, with bard being more of a support role than the main focus. I haven't picked spells yet for this one either, since I used Song and Silence at first and had to trash that idea too. oof.

Any suggestions or ideas for other characters? I'm fresh out of em. Maybe a different theme for a sorcerer, like a female with a lot of enchantment type spells? Suggestions for spell lists for teh bard or sorcerer?

Core rules only, no PrC's, either. Greyhawk campaign, I think.

Oghma

Tsyr

Explorer
Actualy, although it might not be the worlds most powerful combination, I'm having a lot of fun with my dwarven Cleric/Bard. He has perform in epic ballads, poetry (dwarven), chanting, drums, horn (Like the Horn of Gondor horn... I forget what those are called off hand), and heroic storytelling. And add in a few levels of Cleric, he gets really interesting... he tends to tell lots of stories about dwarven gods and mytho-historical figures from dwarven religion, toasts the gods with his "dwarven holy water" around the campfire while reciting poetry, and he chants and drums motivational songs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads