• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stupidest things PCs/DMs have done

Brimshack

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
i dont want to be rude, but it takes two to tango in some of these cases.

I'd agree with that. And even the ones I supplied up aways back weren't so much caused by personal stupidity as a sort of mind fart I think, just not making the connection.

The thing is truly stupid players rarely make for entertaining stories. Truly stupid players can't figure out which dice to roll, can't show up on time, don't grasp anything you say, and generally don't understand what's happening to begin with. These are in most cases stories about players who made the wrong decision, at least as the DM saw it. Not the worst thing that can be said about a player, really. Just a lot of funny anecdotes.

czak808

First Post
poker game

2e Castle Greyhawk (the comical one with Miny Onions of Set).........
Coming back to the main square to recover from one of the many layers, the halfling thief/ fighter got into a poker game. The ante went beyond his bank account, so he picked the ring of wishes from the other PC watching the game and threw it in the pot.
An hour (real) of players argueing, the halflings straight lost to a full house....

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Our rogue started climbing down a 40 fot hole with 50 feet of rope tied to his waist and fell after 10 feet. Needless to say it did not stop his fall.

Lalalei2001

Explorer
I found a funny one from the RPG Mortuary.

Well, after having led three full parties to their deaths in various ways, Aldric decided it was time for him to hide his elven behind in some place that no one would ever find him. Ever. So he decided to go where no one else ever could, or would: the Tower of Wayreth.

He tricked a powerful wizard into giving him an amulet that would allow him to travel through the woods to the tower unaffected by the fear. He made it to the tower, thinking he was going to set up there for a while, and use some of his magical trinkets to make himself at home. Unbeknownst to him, Raistlin had already arrived, and was very angry at having been disturbed.

Raistlin met him at the gates, and ordered him to leave. Aldric, not knowing who Raistlin was, refused, saying "Make me you, worthless human!" Needless to say, Aldric was no match for Raistlin, and quickly found himself at his mercy.

Aldric, never having been bright, continued to insult Raistil using every insult he had ever heard any Kender say. One of them set Raistlin off, and Raistlin decided a most cruel punishment for him. He transformed Aldric into a small statue, and teleported it into Kendermore.

Aldric is now a small statue of a human, being passed around Kendermore from Kender to Kender until the curse is lifted. Sadly, the only way for the curse to be lifted is if the Kender that has him brings him back to Wayreth without managing to give him away, lose him, or otherwise misplace him.

Was a player in a game once where the party rogue, while invisible, snuck into the middle of a secret ceremony where a child was about to be sacrificed. Made all of his hide/ms checks. Slipped up onto the altar, grabbed the child, and I quote:

I look the head priest DEAD IN THE EYES and flip him off
Problem #1: The head priest was a Medusa, a fact that we were well aware of, having fought him earlier.

Problem #2: The rogue failed his save :)

Merkuri

Explorer
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
Problem #2: The rogue failed his save :)

Now there's a question... does an invisible character turned to stone remain invisible until the duration of the spell expired? If so, I hope nobody trips over him. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads