• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stupidest things PCs/DMs have done

Greg K

Legend
I just recalled another one and it is simply poor roleplaying on the part of the rogue's player.

The party's physically toughest character, the barbarian, reached into a whole in the wall filled with magical energy and then fell backward onto the floor barely concious. The player of the rogue, knowing that a failed save throw was what nearly killing the barbarian, then had his own character reach into the same hole (The DM decided to reward player's metagaming and poor roleplaying by inflicting max damage on the rogue and disallowed a saving throw for the rogue).

werk

First Post
AD&D 2e

Wizard (last man standing) attacking and intentionally cutting off a Grell tentacle, then trying to use it as a weapon...against the Grell...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
shilsen said:
See, I noticed it and just assumed it was a convoluted way of saying "Jesus is coming" ;)

After watching the Lord of the Rings cast commentaries, I wanted to track down Brad Dourif and punch him in the mouth once for every time he talked about Rohan and its 'calvary'.

-Hyp.

Elephant

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
After watching the Lord of the Rings cast commentaries, I wanted to track down Brad Dourif and punch him in the mouth once for every time he talked about Rohan and its 'calvary'.

-Hyp.

I hate it when people (almost invariably, sigh) confuse the two words.

Child of Hypnos

First Post
my PCs were supposedly sneaking around a destroyed village full of Emerald claw,
having just defeated a group whilst taking extreme care to keep it quiet, the parties artificer shouts at the top of his lungs - 'anybody needs healing come over here!'

Sledge

First Post
How about a party.
The group enters a cavern filled with giant mushrooms. Shriekers and Purples working in concert. Fortunately (or so the players think) there is a stream running through the cavern.
After starting to fight their way through the mushrooms, character 1 jumps into the river, in full armour. Proceeds to get drawn rapidly downstream by the current, but manages to grab onto something halfway through.
Character 2 sees this and jumps in to rescue the 1st character. Character 2 is also in full armour and gets swept right past character 1. Character manages to grab on to the lip of the exit tunnel and hangs on for dear life. Meanwhile some loose gear (read most of their rations iirc) gets swept out of the tunnel.
Character 3 sees all of this and decides to be smart and removes all of his gear, armour and clothes, so none of it can be washed away, and runs (because its faster than swimming) to character 2, so that character 2 can be rescued before loosing his grip. What character 3 did not count on was that the multitudes of purple mushrooms would be lashing his naked form the entire way. As I recall character fell unconscious shortly thereafter.
At this point character 4 got out his rope...

The moral of the story is that you should never run naked through the mushrooms.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Upon losing the thief in the party, the remaining PCs (sans one) decided the best way to find traps was to toss the gnome PC into each hallway and room to set off any traps this might be there. Needless to say the player running the gnome wasn't wild about this idea. Suprisingly he survived (barely) and earned the title of 'honorary thief'. Looking back I probably should have given him some extra XPs for finding traps...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads