• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stupidest things PCs/DMs have done

rgard

Adventurer
zypherillius said:
Im not sure if you have to be a DM to post to this one, but ive got a list of a few things that PC's ive run with have done before.

1) seen somebody playing as a rogue, try to jump onto the back of a ramorazz for sneak attack damage... after failing all subequent spot checks to see arrows burning up before hitting it. (after having heard of it being done, which i thought was rather strange.)

And people say the 'Sense' of Wonder is gone! This happened in my store and I am still laughing about it.

zypherillius said:
2) Use a bastard sword to hit an abeloth, while under water and in full plate. good thing the abeloth 'had' a potion of remove disease inside of it.

Ok, that happened, but it was the best the character could do after my levitating Battle Sorcerer had to drop said Fighter into the pool to free up his hands to cast spells at the critter! Yes, still funny!!!

zypherillius said:
3) myself, ive got an illumian sorcerer with a +4 dagger and an ac of 15, i routinely charge things after ive exausted the spell table, and it hasnt bitten me yet.

That's the only way to play a spellcaster!!!

zypherillius said:
4) Having enough gold between the party to ressurect two dead PC's, the necromantic specialty wizard decides to read the necronomican for a ressurection spell, and in doing so lost half of his sanity points he was unaware he had. call of the chutlu anybody?

My campaign. In addition to the sanity loss, he also took some Charisma damage dropping to about 5 total left. He started out with an average Charisma, but lost some to our home rule -10 to -20 hitpoints, you don't die, but suffer stat damage appropriate to the cause of what would have normally been death. He was Flame Striked earlier.

To be fair, the character resurrected was a twink (yes, Rich, I rolled 4 18s for my cleric at home) and the 1d4 ability point loss to each attribute resulting from the Necronimicon version of resurrection is funny.

Thanks,
Rich

Kyuss Knight

First Post
Recently while playing through Sons of Grumsh, my dwarven ranger noticed a huge ruby in the ey e of a statue. I thought "SWEET!!!!!! Fat lewts!!!!!!!!!" jumped up and pryed the sucker out. Hello curse!

Lalalei2001

Explorer
In a futile attempt to escape a wizard's lair, my character utilized a teleport spell without having anywhere to teleport to stored. We wound up teleporting into a herd of cows. All but 2 players merged with a cow, and exploded.

Last edited:

Dei

First Post
In a beholder section of undermountain, the cave is dotted with mushroom like rock formations that rise above the acid mist on the floor. Some of them shine with a magical glow that we've identified as an anti-magic field, perfect for fighting against beholders. This fact had been recognised in conversation already and so there was no reason it shouldn't be a fairly easy run provided we stayed in the cover they provided.

DM: The two beholders come around the corner and roar as they see you, their eye stalks writhing, etc, etc, roll initiative.

PC1: Okay, I'm first. Well I'm here so I'll use a single move action to jump from this rock to that one and then into the anti-magic field on that one... *insert rest of turn here*

PC2: Right, my turn, hmm, I wonder if I've got any abilities that I can use against them.

PC1: Um, dude, they're beholders, what do you think you should do? Get into the anti-magic field!

PC2: No way, then I'll loose all the bonuses from my magic items.

I'm pretty sure Halaster got a good chuckle out of that one, I know the rest of us did when we scraped him off the walls after the fight.

Lalalei2001

Explorer
This one's great.

My character teleported across a ravine to avoid walking across a wooden bridge he suspected was trapped. It wasn't...the spot on the other side where he reappeared was, however.

His last words were 'You can never be too safe!'

Lalalei2001

Explorer
Here's another!

I was going through a phase of silly character concepts, and Aron was one of the sillier ones. Based almost completely on the character "Sheriff Aron" from Brisco Country Jr. Yup. An Elvis-ish archer... Anyhoo, the bad-guys chief leiutenant shows up to mock us.

Aron fast-draws an arrow & rolls a critical success on the attack. Hit location brain, triple-damage for the crit-success roll, and a very high damage roll. Pity the villian had a Reverse Missle spell going at all times...

Lalalei2001

Explorer
Yet another one from me. :)

After hiding in a cargo hold of a hijacked starship, my character, Watchkiss, spent hours sneaking towards the bridge, quietly eliminating guards as he went. He overloaded the hijacker pilot's brain by mistake, killing him. Due to an obvious clue he missed earlier, the real pilot was also among the killed hijackers. His nil piloting skills pulled the ship out of hyperspace directly in the middle of an oncoming comet.

Baroness

First Post
D&D:

A demon was held in a magic prison held together by precious gems. The demon tried to convince me to remove the gems so that he could be free, and he would reward me. I thought I was smart when I decided I wouldn't help a demon escape because he wouldn't really reward me. When I got close to the gems, he told me not to break them as it would instantly kill him. The jerk was lying. :heh:

M&M:

Trying to sneak up on a hero called The Ghost while another character called Obliterator One was about to blast a hole into him was a pretty stupid move.

D20 Modern:

I was pretty new to D20 and RPGs in general and didn't really understand how high my bluff skill was. As the party's charismatic weakling, I was given the task to distract a crime lord's bodyguard who happened to be about 2 feet taller than my character. While he was away from the crime lord(great bodyguard that he is), I started talking to him and rolled a bluff check to get him busy somewhere far from his client. I rolled a 10 on my D20, which I figured wasn't that good. The GM told me that the bodyguard seemed to believe me, but I didn't trust him and decided to knock the bodyguard out while he had his back turned. I did about one subdual damage with my purse before the bodyguard taught me how to properly knock someone out. The worse part is that I had managed to convince the bodyguard with my 27 bluff versus his 3 sense motive.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads