Sub-Epic Offerings

This archetype is based on the spellcasting of D&D 2nd edition that will become the Psionic manifestation of 3rd edition.

Follower of the Ancient Ways (Spellcaster Archetype)

Alters spellcasting

Many ancient mages didn't have a limited number of slots but a huge energy they could draw from to cast their spells.

Spellcasting: You no longer have daily spell slots. You have “arcs”, an interpretation of how much you can draw from magic itself to cast your spells. Each spell cast costs a number of arcs equal to its level. This also applies to level increase with metamagic feats. Eg. a fireball consume 3 arcs, while a maximized fireball consume 6 arcs.

You still cannot apply metamagic feats that increase the final level higher than the higher spell level you have access. Cantrips, knacks, and orisons cost 0 arcs.

You no longer study the spellbook, meditate, pray or so on for prepare the spells or slots, you do the same thing for connect with the magic. If you are a prepared caster, you become spontaneous. If you need an outsider source for your spells (like a wizard/magus spellbook, a witch familiar, an alchemist formulae, etc.) you need to be in physical possession of it at the time of casting for cast the spells contained in it.

If the class gives extra slots of a given level, you instead gains a number of bonus arcs equal to the level of the slot. If the class gives extra slots of a given level that you can only use to cast a given spell (like a dominion of a Cleric), you instead gains a number of bonus arcs equal to the level of the slots, but you can only use them for cast that spells (remember that you can apply metamagic feats to domain spells consuming the appropriate slots or in this case number of arcs); remember that because instead of slots you have arcs, you can cast multiple times the same spell (eg. a 20th level cleric has 45 bonus arcs from the domain slots [1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9=45], he can cast 5 times the 9th level spell instead of casting one time each the spell of each level).

In addition, you receive bonus arcs per day if you have a high spellcasting score (Int for wizards, wisdom for clerics, and so on) (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Arcs).

Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Arcs
Ability Score
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
11th
12th
13th
14th
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21th+
10-11​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
+0​
12-13​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
1​
2​
2​
2​
2​
3​
3​
3​
3​
4​
4​
4​
4​
5​
+1/4​
14-15​
0​
1​
1​
2​
2​
3​
3​
4​
4​
5​
5​
6​
6​
7​
7​
8​
8​
9​
9​
10​
+1/2​
16-17​
0​
1​
2​
3​
3​
4​
5​
6​
6​
7​
8​
9​
9​
10​
11​
12​
12​
13​
14​
15​
+3/4​
18-19​
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​
7​
8​
9​
10​
11​
12​
13​
14​
15​
16​
17​
18​
19​
20​
+1​
20-21​
1​
2​
3​
5​
6​
7​
8​
10​
11​
12​
13​
15​
16​
17​
18​
20​
21​
22​
23​
25​
+5/4​
22-23​
1​
3​
4​
6​
7​
9​
10​
12​
13​
15​
16​
18​
19​
21​
22​
24​
25​
27​
28​
30​
+3/2​
24-25​
1​
3​
5​
7​
8​
10​
12​
14​
15​
17​
19​
21​
22​
24​
26​
28​
29​
31​
33​
35​
+7/4​
26-27​
2​
4​
6​
8​
10​
12​
14​
16​
18​
20​
22​
24​
26​
28​
30​
32​
34​
36​
38​
40​
+2​
28-29​
2​
4​
6​
9​
11​
13​
15​
18​
20​
22​
24​
27​
29​
31​
33​
36​
38​
40​
42​
45​
+9/4​
30-31​
2​
5​
7​
10​
12​
15​
17​
20​
22​
25​
27​
30​
32​
35​
37​
40​
42​
45​
47​
50​
+10/4​
32-33​
2​
5​
8​
11​
13​
16​
19​
22​
24​
27​
30​
33​
35​
38​
41​
44​
46​
49​
52​
55​
+11/4​
34-35​
3​
6​
9​
12​
15​
18​
21​
24​
27​
30​
33​
36​
39​
42​
45​
48​
51​
54​
57​
60​
+3​
36-37​
3​
6​
9​
13​
16​
19​
22​
26​
29​
32​
35​
39​
42​
45​
47​
52​
55​
58​
61​
65​
+13/4​
38-39​
3​
7​
10​
14​
17​
21​
24​
28​
31​
35​
38​
41​
45​
49​
52​
56​
59​
63​
66​
70​
+14/4​
40-41​
3​
7​
11​
15​
18​
22​
26​
30​
33​
37​
41​
44​
47​
52​
56​
60​
63​
67​
71​
75​
+7/2​
42+​
+1/4​
+1/2​
+3/4​
+1​
+5/4​
+3/2​
+7/4​
+2​
+9/4​
+10/4​
+11/4​
+3​
+13/4​
+7/2​
+15/4​
+4​
+17/4​
+9/2​
+19/4​
+5​

Caster of 9th level (cleric/druid/wizard/etc.)
Spellcaster level
No. of Arcs
1​
2​
2​
5​
3​
9​
4​
12​
5​
15​
6​
19​
7​
26​
8​
34​
9​
44​
10​
54​
11​
66​
12​
75​
13​
91​
14​
100​
15​
115​
16​
130​
17​
145​
18​
160​
19​
175​
20​
190​
21+​
+15 arcs every level​

Caster of 6th level (alchemist/magus/warpriest/etc.)
Spellcaster level
No. of Arcs
1​
2​
2​
4​
3​
7​
4​
9​
5​
13​
6​
16​
7​
20​
8​
25​
9​
31​
10​
38​
11​
47​
12​
58​
13​
70​
14​
81​
15​
93​
16​
105​
17​
117​
18​
138​
19​
158​
20​
179​
21+​
+10 arcs every level​

Caster of 4th level (paladin/ranger/etc.)
Spellcaster level
No. of Arcs
1​
–​
2​
–​
3​
–​
4​
2​
5​
4​
6​
6​
7​
8​
8​
11​
9​
13​
10​
17​
11​
22​
12​
27​
13​
32​
14​
37​
15​
43​
16​
48​
17​
53​
18​
58​
19​
63​
20​
68​
21+​
+5 arcs every level​
Oh this is cool, I'd have to see it in play to see how busted it is, but it -seems- pretty tight. Reminds me a bit of Power Points from the Psionics Unleashed

Obly99

Hero
Oh this is cool, I'd have to see it in play to see how busted it is, but it -seems- pretty tight. Reminds me a bit of Power Points from the Psionics Unleashed
Hey there, it's nice to hear from you again after a while. A couple of pieces of information that might be useful to you.
1) Remember Psionics Unleashed because Psion and their Power Points are the "direct descendants" of the D&D 2e spellcasting of Netheril arcanists (who used all classes at the time, no spellslots) that I converted to PF1 with this archetype. For more information you can search in Netheril: Empire of Magic of which I put a screen below of the specific part regarding casting.

2) Balancing. Here's a bit of a particular issue: because I play with the rule of Psionic=Magic (manifestation level=caster level, power resistance=spell resistance, dispel psionic=dispel magic, etc.) I haven't noticed too many problems except for the fact that compared to psychic powers, spells passively increase their power with your caster level while psychic powers do not. But playing epic levels with just basic rules or even earlier if the campaign allows Psion and/or Path of War this doesn't feel much, apart from the fact that the casters start casting spells in bursts (Moon Knight meme style screaming "Random BS Go") but this is resolved if the enemies do so as well.
Summing up my (and my players) direct experience with this archetype:
-if the campaign is in the sub-epic levels, unless it is already very optimized or with the basic power level already set to high (Psionic, Path of War, Mythic, or classes like the Gourmand are used) this is reserved only for the mega bosses.
-if the campaign is Epic or already very optimized or with the basic power level already set to high, give it to the players too and enjoy while the casters unleash arcane powers that reshape the world as in ancient legends.

3) I nerfed the number of arcs for 6th level casters because 170 at 20th level was too much for someone who only gets to 6th level spells.

Attachments

• netheril spellcasting.PNG
    netheril spellcasting.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Hey there, it's nice to hear from you again after a while. A couple of pieces of information that might be useful to you.
1) Remember Psionics Unleashed because Psion and their Power Points are the "direct descendants" of the D&D 2e spellcasting of Netheril arcanists (who used all classes at the time, no spellslots) that I converted to PF1 with this archetype. For more information you can search in Netheril: Empire of Magic of which I put a screen below of the specific part regarding casting.

2) Balancing. Here's a bit of a particular issue: because I play with the rule of Psionic=Magic (manifestation level=caster level, power resistance=spell resistance, dispel psionic=dispel magic, etc.) I haven't noticed too many problems except for the fact that compared to psychic powers, spells passively increase their power with your caster level while psychic powers do not. But playing epic levels with just basic rules or even earlier if the campaign allows Psion and/or Path of War this doesn't feel much, apart from the fact that the casters start casting spells in bursts (Moon Knight meme style screaming "Random BS Go") but this is resolved if the enemies do so as well.
Summing up my (and my players) direct experience with this archetype:
-if the campaign is in the sub-epic levels, unless it is already very optimized or with the basic power level already set to high (Psionic, Path of War, Mythic, or classes like the Gourmand are used) this is reserved only for the mega bosses.
-if the campaign is Epic or already very optimized or with the basic power level already set to high, give it to the players too and enjoy while the casters unleash arcane powers that reshape the world as in ancient legends.

3) I nerfed the number of arcs for 6th level casters because 170 at 20th level was too much for someone who only gets to 6th level spells.
I never studied the Netheril stuff. Thank you for pointing this out. Very useful stuff. Given that Mystra is unable to impose restrictions on anyone beyond her Crystal Sphere, I imagine some liches elsewhere might still function like this.

Obly99

Hero
I never studied the Netheril stuff. Thank you for pointing this out. Very useful stuff. Given that Mystra is unable to impose restrictions on anyone beyond her Crystal Sphere, I imagine some liches elsewhere might still function like this.
I don't have any particular problems because I either use my homebrew setting or the Golarion setting and there the god of magic Nethys or even the others do not control magic in the universe in its functioning like Mystra but only "represent" it in its various aspects. There are no entities (canonically speaking) that can impose rules for the functioning of magic on others. But it was a lot of fun when my players faced an Azlant spellcaster who had broken free of a temporal stasis spell after 10,000 years. "Guys, sooner or later its meteor swarm slots will run out" yes guys, believe it;).

Obly99

Hero
Yaga CR 4 (from Fate Grand Order)

CN Medium monstrous humanoid

Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent, snow vision 60 ft.; Perception +11

DEFENSE

AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +2 natural)

hp 42 (5d10+15)

Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +8 against disease and poison

Defensive Abilities hard to kill; DR 5/magic; Immune bleed; Resistance cold 30

Weakness rapid metabolism

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., lesser snowstep

Melee longsword +8 (1d8+4/19-20), bite +3 (1d4+1), or bite +8 (1d4+3)

Ranged composite longbow +8 (1d8+3/x3)

STATISTICS

Str 17, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 9

Base Atk +5; CMB +8 CMD 21

Feats Alertness, DiehardB, Endurance, Improved Initiative

Skills Acrobatics +11, Climb +11, Perception +11, Stealth +11 (+15 in snow), Sense Motive +3, Survival +9; Racial Modifies +4 Stealth in snow

Languages Common

ECOLOGY

Environment any

Organization solitary, pair, hunting squad (1d3+2 plus 1 elite hunters of 3rd level) or village (6d6 plus 2d4 elite hunters of 3rd level, one chief of 6th level, and 6d4 children and elderly people non-combatants)

Treasure standard (leather armor, composite longbow [+3], longsword, others)

Hard to Kill (Ex)
A Yaga gains Diehard as a bonus feat and gains +8 racial bonus on saving throw against diseases and poison.

Lesser Snowstep (Ex)
A Yaga ignores difficult terrain and movement penalties caused by snow and ice, and it leaves no tracks when moving through areas of snow or ice (as under an extraordinary pass without trace effect). A Yaga can move across icy surfaces without penalty and does not need to make Acrobatics checks to run or charge on ice. Areas of snow or ice that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect it.

Rapid Metabolism (Ex)
A Yaga require triple the quantity of food a normal creature of their size require and can only go for 1 day without food instead of 3. After this time, the Yaga must make a Constitution check each hour (DC 10, +1 for each previous check) or take 1d8 points of nonlethal damage. Yaga that take an amount of nonlethal damage equal to their total hit points begin to take lethal damage instead. Characters who have taken nonlethal damage from lack of food or water are fatigued. Nonlethal damage from thirst or starvation cannot be recovered until the character gets food or water, as needed—not even magic that restores hit points heals this damage.

Snow Vision (Ex)
A Yaga can see perfectly well in stormy and snowy conditions, including in blizzards, and does not take penalties on Perception checks when in snowy or blizzard conditions, as well as concealment due to ice or snow. This feature extend to only 60 ft.

Art Wiki Info

Attachments

• yaga.jpg
    yaga.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 25

Obly99

Hero
An archetype based on Vlad III of Fate Apocrypha using some abilities taken from the Dread Impaler PrC.

Dread Tepes (Legendary Cavalier Archetype)

Alters edict of the order of the guard; Replaces proficiency with medium and heavy armors and shields, mount, noble steed, skilled diplomat, cavalier’s charge, knight’s renown, measured gait, talented orator, iron steed, risky lunge, noble’s renown, rider’s bond, mighty charge, steed’s parry, powerful steed, general’s awe, supreme charge

Alignment: A Dread Tepest must be any non-Good.

AC Bonus: When unarmored and unencumbered, the Dread Tepest adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. In addition, a Dread Tepest gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four legendary cavalier levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.
These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the Dread Tepest is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.
This replaces the Dread Tepes proficiency with medium and heavy armors and shields.

Order (Ex): A Dread Tepes can only select between the Order of the Guard (but see below), Nobility, No Quarter, Scorpion, or Unity.
If a Dread Tepes select Guard, its edict does not obliges him to fight in the service of those who cannot fight for themselves.
This alters Order and the edict of the Order of the Guard.

Sanguine Sustenance (Ex): At 1st level, a Dread Tepes can sustain himself with the blood of his enemies. If he drink a single pint of blood which belonged to a sapient creature, he count as having consumed enough food and drink for the day. When he rest, if he consumed enough blood to sustain himself for that day, he recover twice the amount of hit point and ability damage from rest.
This replaces noble steed.

Summon Pike (Su): At 1st level, as a standard action, as long the Dread Tepes wield any appropriately sized weapon of the spear weapon group in one hand he can summon an iron pike under his opponent. He select a single grounded square within 10 feet per legendary cavalier level of him, and make an attack roll using his Charisma modifier instead of his Strength against any creature in that square. The pike deal 1d6 + the Dread Tepes's Charisma modifier (if any) in magical piercing damage with a 20/x3 critical modifier. The base damage increases by 1d6 every two legendary cavalier levels thereafter (2d6 + Cha at level 3rd, 3d6 + Cha at level 5th, and so on). If the creature is helpless or dying, this is made as a coup de grace instead of an attack, with the difference that it is a standard action and for the attack of opportunity a sunder combat maneuver can be made to break the pike before it can hit the unfortunate victim.
The Dread Tepes’s pikes are treated as if they had the ghost touch magic weapon property. A pike has hardness 8 and a number of hit points equal to the Dread Tepes level. Vital Strike and his feat tree can be used with summon pike. Every Dread Tepes has his pike with unique decorations and marks and are often the calling card for that specific Dread Tepes.
A creature slain by Summon Pike is impaled 15 feet above the square. The spike stay in existence permanently and count as difficult terrain. It is made of a weird ferrous structure, which is as hard as steel but quickly break down in valueless chunk if broken down.

At 5th level, the pikes are treated as cold iron and silver for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

At 7th level, the Dread Tepes selects one of the following alignment components: chaotic, evil, or lawful. He must select an alignment component that matches a component of his own alignment (a neutral Dread Tepes can chose any alignment component other than Good). His pikes are treated as the alignment component he selects for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

At 16th level, his pikes are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and bypassing hardness.
This replaces mount.

The Long Arm of the Executioner (Ex): At 1st level, a Dread Tepes can wield any appropriately sized two-handed weapon of the spear weapon group in one hand. Wielding a two-handed weapon in this way is treated as a one-handed weapon for the purpose of Power Attack and other effects that increase the damage of two-handed weapons. When using any appropriately sized two-handed weapon of the spear weapon group with the reach property, the Dread Tepes may attack adjacent foes with that weapon without penalty.
This replaces cavalier’s charge.

Aura of Dread (Su): At 2nd level, a Dread Tepes radiates a palpably daunting aura that causes all enemies within 10 feet to take a –4 penalty on saving throws against fear effects. Enemies creatures that are normally immune to fear lose that immunity while within 10 feet of a Dread Tepes with this ability. This ability functions only while the Dread Tepes remains conscious, not if he is unconscious or dead. This don’t stack with the antipaladin Aura of Cowardice class feature.
This replaces skilled diplomat.

The Legend of the Vampire (Su): At 3rd level, a Dread Tepes gains the Shifter Aspect class feature of the shifter and he must select the bat aspect. A Dread Tepes use his legendary cavalier level as his shifter level for calculate the benefit of the minor form of the at aspect. He does not gains additional aspects progressing with the level unlike a true shifter.
This replaces knight’s renown.

Intercept with the Spear (Ex): At 4th level, when an opponent makes a weapon attack against the Dread Tepes or an adjacent ally, he can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to attempt to parry that attack with a spear-like weapon. The Dread Tepes makes an attack roll with a weapon of the spear weapon group as if he was making an attack of opportunity; for each size category the attacking creature is larger than the Dread Tepes, the Dread Tepes takes a –2 penalty on this roll. If his result is greater than the attacking creature’s result, the creature’s attack automatically misses. Unusually massive ranged weapons (such as boulders or ballista bolts) and ranged attacks generated by spell effects cannot be deflected. The Dread Tepes must declare the use of this ability after the creature’s attack is announced, but before its attack roll is made.
This replaces measured gait.

Terrible King (Ex): At 5th level, a Dread Tepes gains the skill unlock for Intimidate. If he has select the Order of the Scorpion, he instead gains Killing Flourish as a bonus feat without the need to meet its prerequisites.
Also, if the Dread Tepes is a living creature, he do not age for that day as long as he has drink a pint of blood from a sentient creature within the last 24 hours; for each pint, he become instead younger by a number of days at sunset equal to the number of pints of blood of sentient creatures drinked within the last 24 hours. He instead become one full year younger if he killed at least 100 HD of sentient creatures within the last 24 hours using summon pike, kazikli bey, or a weapon of the spear weapon group (this stack with any pint of blood drinked). He cannot become younger than the base starting age for his race by use of this ability.
If he is slain by violence, he rise as a non-mindless undead (change his type to undead [augmented] with all the beneficts and drawback of the case) so long as he killed at least one sentient creature with a number of HD equal to his character level with summon pike, kazikli bey, or a weapon of the spear weapon group within the last 24 hours.
If he is an undead creature, he rise again in 2d4 days – much like the rejuvenation ability of a ghost – if destroyed, so long as he killed at least one sentient creature with a number of HD equal to his character level with summon pike, kazikli bey, or a weapon of the spear weapon group within the last 24 hours.
This replaces talented orator.

Uncanny Climber (Su): At 6th level, a Dread Tepes can climb with his hands (or upper limbs) free and even walk about on the ceiling as if affected by a spider climb spell. In addition, he can use the accelerated climb action to cover any distance up to four times his climb speed, with each check allowing him to climb a distance equal to his climb speed. Climbing a distance equal to or less than his climb speed is a move-equivalent action. A Dread Tepes can use uncanny climber for a number of minutes per day equal to his legendary cavalier level. The minutes don’t have to be used consecutively, but must be used in 1-minute increments.
This replaces compact mount.

Vampire Grace (Ex): At 7th level, if a Dread Tepes consumed enough blood to sustain himself for that day, he gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves until the start of the next day. At 11th level and every 4 levels afterwards, this dodge bonus increases by 1.
This replaces iron steed.

Children of the Night (Su): At 7th level, a Dread Tepes can command the lesser creatures and undead of the world. Three times a day, as a standard action, a Dread Tepes can summon creature of the animal, vermin, or undead type (including swarm of this creatures). Each creature summoned must have an Intelligence score of 2 or lower. The Dread Tepes can summon any combination of creatures so long as their total Hit Dice is less than the Dread Tepes’s. Summoned creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve the Dread Tepes for up to 1 hour. Only once instance of this ability can be active at a time.
This replaces risky lunge.

Wild Shape (Su): At 8th level, a Dread Tepes gains the ability to turn himself into the major form of his bat aspects. This ability functions as beast shape II, except as noted here. Using wild shape to change to a major form or back is a standard action that doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity. The bat major form details the abilities the Dread Tepes gains with that major form and at what level; he gains these instead of the form abilities from beast shape II, but he still gains beast shape II abilities that are size dependent.

A Dread Tepes loses his ability to speak while in animal form because he is limited to the sounds that a normal, untrained animal of that form can make, but he can communicate with other animals of the same general grouping as his form. He can also communicate in nonverbal ways with allies.

A Dread Tepes can use wild shape for a number of hours each day equal to his legendary cavalier level + his Charisma modifier. It need not be consecutive but must be spent in 1 hour increments. For abilities that function based on ‘uses of wild shape,’ each hour of wild shape counts as a use.

A Dread Tepes can take feats and other abilities that require wild shape but not abilities that allow to transform in other creatures; for the purpose of qualifying for prerequisites, his effective druid level is equal to his legendary cavalier level.

This replaces noble’s renown.

Blood Drain (Ex): At 9th level, a Dread Tepes grow canines similar to those of a vampire. If the Dread Tepes establishes or maintains a pin, he drains blood, dealing 1d2 points of Constitution damage. The Dread Tepes heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to his full normal hit points) each round he drains blood. Draining blood of a sentient creature in this way count as consuming a pint of blood for sanguine sustenance and vampire grace.
At 17th level, the ability damage increase to 1d4+1.
This replaces rider’s bond.

Lord of the Land (Ex): At 11th level, a Dread Tepes becomes well known in a specific community in which he gains the benefits of renown. He gains the great renown and renown vigilante social talents, treating his legendary cavalier level as his vigilante level for this ability. For the purposes of this class feature, the Dread Tepes does not have a vigilante identity and is always considered to be in his social identity.
This replaces mighty charge.

All-Seeing (Sp): At 12th level, nothing happens in the Dread Tepes’s realm without he becoming aware. He can use clairaudience/clairvoyance, speak with animals, speak with plants, and stone tell as spell-like abilities each three times per day with caster level equal to his legendary cavalier level. The Dread Tepes can only use and benefit from this spell-like abilities while inside his community of renown. Unlike the normal clairaudience/clairvoyance, the spell’s range change to cover the entire community of renown, but cannot be used to see outside of it.
This replaces steed’s parry.

Great Spear (Ex): At 13th level, a Dread Tepes treats any weapon of the spear weapon group as one size category larger for how much damage it deals. This ability does not stack with other virtual size increases, such as the impact weapon enhancement.
This replaces powerful steed.

Vampire’s Awe (Su): At 18th level, a Dread Tepes can spend 4 rounds of his commander’s aura for try to crush an opponent’s will as a standard action. The opponent must make a Will save DC 10 + ½ the legendary cavalier’s level + his Charisma modifier or fall instantly under his influence as though by a dominate monster spell (caster level equals the Dread Tepes’s legendary cavalier level). Once a creature succeed his save, he become immune to the vampire’s awe of the same Dread Tepes for 24 hours. The ability has a range of 30 feet and is a compulsion, mind-affecting effect.
This replaces general’s awe.

Legendary Presence (Su): At 19th level, a Dread Tepes gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.
This replaces supreme charge.

Kazikli Bey, The Lord of Execution (Su): At 20th level, a Dread Tepes has mastered the art of massacre with the spear. The Dread Tepes can chose from three option:
  • effect an area around himself of 10 ft. per legendary cavalier level wide, 30 ft. per legendary cavalier level in height.​
  • effect a line in front of him of 20 ft. per legendary cavalier level long, 5 ft. per legendary cavalier level wide, 5 ft. per legendary cavalier level in height.​
  • effect a single enemy within 10 ft. per legendary cavalier level.​
In the first two options a tempest of spears hit the area and all creatures within takes 2d6 magical piercing damage per legendary cavalier level with a Reflex save DC 10 + ½ the legendary cavalier’s level + his Charisma modifier for half damage. The Dread Tepes can choose to exclude a number of creature in the area equal to his Charisma modifier. In the third option the storm of spears target a single enemy which takes 3d6 magical piercing damage per legendary cavalier level with a Reflex save DC 10 + ½ the legendary cavalier’s level + his Charisma modifier for half damage. Targets that have total cover from the point of origin of the effect (from the sky for the first option, from the Dread Tepes himself for the second and third) are immune to Kazikli Bey. Even if it is a supernatural, once the weapons are materialized they are real, even if only for a brief moment: they ignore the effect of dead magic zones or antimagic fields. This ability can be used once every hour, with a maximum number of time per day equal to the Dread Tepes Charisma modifier (every time he can chose any option, not only the one that he used the last time). The spears of Kazikli Bey count as adamantine, cold iron, iron, silver, ghost touch weapons plus the alignment select at 7th level with summon pike for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, bypassing hardness, and affecting incorporeal creatures.

Attachments

• KazikliBeyManga.png
    KazikliBeyManga.png
    713.9 KB · Views: 16

Bootlebat

Explorer
An archetype based on Vlad III of Fate Apocrypha using some abilities taken from the Dread Impaler PrC.

Dread Tepes (Legendary Cavalier Archetype)

Alters edict of the order of the guard; Replaces proficiency with medium and heavy armors and shields, mount, noble steed, skilled diplomat, cavalier’s charge, knight’s renown, measured gait, talented orator, iron steed, risky lunge, noble’s renown, rider’s bond, mighty charge, steed’s parry, powerful steed, general’s awe, supreme charge

Alignment: A Dread Tepest must be any non-Good.

AC Bonus: When unarmored and unencumbered, the Dread Tepest adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. In addition, a Dread Tepest gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four legendary cavalier levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.
These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the Dread Tepest is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.
This replaces the Dread Tepes proficiency with medium and heavy armors and shields.

Order (Ex): A Dread Tepes can only select between the Order of the Guard (but see below), Nobility, No Quarter, Scorpion, or Unity.
If a Dread Tepes select Guard, its edict does not obliges him to fight in the service of those who cannot fight for themselves.
This alters Order and the edict of the Order of the Guard.

Sanguine Sustenance (Ex): At 1st level, a Dread Tepes can sustain himself with the blood of his enemies. If he drink a single pint of blood which belonged to a sapient creature, he count as having consumed enough food and drink for the day. When he rest, if he consumed enough blood to sustain himself for that day, he recover twice the amount of hit point and ability damage from rest.
This replaces noble steed.

Summon Pike (Su): At 1st level, as a standard action, as long the Dread Tepes wield any appropriately sized weapon of the spear weapon group in one hand he can summon an iron pike under his opponent. He select a single grounded square within 10 feet per legendary cavalier level of him, and make an attack roll using his Charisma modifier instead of his Strength against any creature in that square. The pike deal 1d6 + the Dread Tepes's Charisma modifier (if any) in magical piercing damage with a 20/x3 critical modifier. The base damage increases by 1d6 every two legendary cavalier levels thereafter (2d6 + Cha at level 3rd, 3d6 + Cha at level 5th, and so on). If the creature is helpless or dying, this is made as a coup de grace instead of an attack, with the difference that it is a standard action and for the attack of opportunity a sunder combat maneuver can be made to break the pike before it can hit the unfortunate victim.
The Dread Tepes’s pikes are treated as if they had the ghost touch magic weapon property. A pike has hardness 8 and a number of hit points equal to the Dread Tepes level. Vital Strike and his feat tree can be used with summon pike. Every Dread Tepes has his pike with unique decorations and marks and are often the calling card for that specific Dread Tepes.
A creature slain by Summon Pike is impaled 15 feet above the square. The spike stay in existence permanently and count as difficult terrain. It is made of a weird ferrous structure, which is as hard as steel but quickly break down in valueless chunk if broken down.

At 5th level, the pikes are treated as cold iron and silver for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

At 7th level, the Dread Tepes selects one of the following alignment components: chaotic, evil, or lawful. He must select an alignment component that matches a component of his own alignment (a neutral Dread Tepes can chose any alignment component other than Good). His pikes are treated as the alignment component he selects for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

At 16th level, his pikes are treated as adamantine weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and bypassing hardness.
This replaces mount.

The Long Arm of the Executioner (Ex): At 1st level, a Dread Tepes can wield any appropriately sized two-handed weapon of the spear weapon group in one hand. Wielding a two-handed weapon in this way is treated as a one-handed weapon for the purpose of Power Attack and other effects that increase the damage of two-handed weapons. When using any appropriately sized two-handed weapon of the spear weapon group with the reach property, the Dread Tepes may attack adjacent foes with that weapon without penalty.
This replaces cavalier’s charge.

Aura of Dread (Su): At 2nd level, a Dread Tepes radiates a palpably daunting aura that causes all enemies within 10 feet to take a –4 penalty on saving throws against fear effects. Enemies creatures that are normally immune to fear lose that immunity while within 10 feet of a Dread Tepes with this ability. This ability functions only while the Dread Tepes remains conscious, not if he is unconscious or dead. This don’t stack with the antipaladin Aura of Cowardice class feature.
This replaces skilled diplomat.

The Legend of the Vampire (Su): At 3rd level, a Dread Tepes gains the Shifter Aspect class feature of the shifter and he must select the bat aspect. A Dread Tepes use his legendary cavalier level as his shifter level for calculate the benefit of the minor form of the at aspect. He does not gains additional aspects progressing with the level unlike a true shifter.
This replaces knight’s renown.

Intercept with the Spear (Ex): At 4th level, when an opponent makes a weapon attack against the Dread Tepes or an adjacent ally, he can expend a use of an attack of opportunity to attempt to parry that attack with a spear-like weapon. The Dread Tepes makes an attack roll with a weapon of the spear weapon group as if he was making an attack of opportunity; for each size category the attacking creature is larger than the Dread Tepes, the Dread Tepes takes a –2 penalty on this roll. If his result is greater than the attacking creature’s result, the creature’s attack automatically misses. Unusually massive ranged weapons (such as boulders or ballista bolts) and ranged attacks generated by spell effects cannot be deflected. The Dread Tepes must declare the use of this ability after the creature’s attack is announced, but before its attack roll is made.
This replaces measured gait.

Terrible King (Ex): At 5th level, a Dread Tepes gains the skill unlock for Intimidate. If he has select the Order of the Scorpion, he instead gains Killing Flourish as a bonus feat without the need to meet its prerequisites.
Also, if the Dread Tepes is a living creature, he do not age for that day as long as he has drink a pint of blood from a sentient creature within the last 24 hours; for each pint, he become instead younger by a number of days at sunset equal to the number of pints of blood of sentient creatures drinked within the last 24 hours. He instead become one full year younger if he killed at least 100 HD of sentient creatures within the last 24 hours using summon pike, kazikli bey, or a weapon of the spear weapon group (this stack with any pint of blood drinked). He cannot become younger than the base starting age for his race by use of this ability.
If he is slain by violence, he rise as a non-mindless undead (change his type to undead [augmented] with all the beneficts and drawback of the case) so long as he killed at least one sentient creature with a number of HD equal to his character level with summon pike, kazikli bey, or a weapon of the spear weapon group within the last 24 hours.
If he is an undead creature, he rise again in 2d4 days – much like the rejuvenation ability of a ghost – if destroyed, so long as he killed at least one sentient creature with a number of HD equal to his character level with summon pike, kazikli bey, or a weapon of the spear weapon group within the last 24 hours.
This replaces talented orator.

Uncanny Climber (Su): At 6th level, a Dread Tepes can climb with his hands (or upper limbs) free and even walk about on the ceiling as if affected by a spider climb spell. In addition, he can use the accelerated climb action to cover any distance up to four times his climb speed, with each check allowing him to climb a distance equal to his climb speed. Climbing a distance equal to or less than his climb speed is a move-equivalent action. A Dread Tepes can use uncanny climber for a number of minutes per day equal to his legendary cavalier level. The minutes don’t have to be used consecutively, but must be used in 1-minute increments.
This replaces compact mount.

Vampire Grace (Ex): At 7th level, if a Dread Tepes consumed enough blood to sustain himself for that day, he gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves until the start of the next day. At 11th level and every 4 levels afterwards, this dodge bonus increases by 1.
This replaces iron steed.

Children of the Night (Su): At 7th level, a Dread Tepes can command the lesser creatures and undead of the world. Three times a day, as a standard action, a Dread Tepes can summon creature of the animal, vermin, or undead type (including swarm of this creatures). Each creature summoned must have an Intelligence score of 2 or lower. The Dread Tepes can summon any combination of creatures so long as their total Hit Dice is less than the Dread Tepes’s. Summoned creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve the Dread Tepes for up to 1 hour. Only once instance of this ability can be active at a time.
This replaces risky lunge.

Wild Shape (Su): At 8th level, a Dread Tepes gains the ability to turn himself into the major form of his bat aspects. This ability functions as beast shape II, except as noted here. Using wild shape to change to a major form or back is a standard action that doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity. The bat major form details the abilities the Dread Tepes gains with that major form and at what level; he gains these instead of the form abilities from beast shape II, but he still gains beast shape II abilities that are size dependent.

A Dread Tepes loses his ability to speak while in animal form because he is limited to the sounds that a normal, untrained animal of that form can make, but he can communicate with other animals of the same general grouping as his form. He can also communicate in nonverbal ways with allies.

A Dread Tepes can use wild shape for a number of hours each day equal to his legendary cavalier level + his Charisma modifier. It need not be consecutive but must be spent in 1 hour increments. For abilities that function based on ‘uses of wild shape,’ each hour of wild shape counts as a use.

A Dread Tepes can take feats and other abilities that require wild shape but not abilities that allow to transform in other creatures; for the purpose of qualifying for prerequisites, his effective druid level is equal to his legendary cavalier level.

This replaces noble’s renown.

Blood Drain (Ex): At 9th level, a Dread Tepes grow canines similar to those of a vampire. If the Dread Tepes establishes or maintains a pin, he drains blood, dealing 1d2 points of Constitution damage. The Dread Tepes heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to his full normal hit points) each round he drains blood. Draining blood of a sentient creature in this way count as consuming a pint of blood for sanguine sustenance and vampire grace.
At 17th level, the ability damage increase to 1d4+1.
This replaces rider’s bond.

Lord of the Land (Ex): At 11th level, a Dread Tepes becomes well known in a specific community in which he gains the benefits of renown. He gains the great renown and renown vigilante social talents, treating his legendary cavalier level as his vigilante level for this ability. For the purposes of this class feature, the Dread Tepes does not have a vigilante identity and is always considered to be in his social identity.
This replaces mighty charge.

All-Seeing (Sp): At 12th level, nothing happens in the Dread Tepes’s realm without he becoming aware. He can use clairaudience/clairvoyance, speak with animals, speak with plants, and stone tell as spell-like abilities each three times per day with caster level equal to his legendary cavalier level. The Dread Tepes can only use and benefit from this spell-like abilities while inside his community of renown. Unlike the normal clairaudience/clairvoyance, the spell’s range change to cover the entire community of renown, but cannot be used to see outside of it.
This replaces steed’s parry.

Great Spear (Ex): At 13th level, a Dread Tepes treats any weapon of the spear weapon group as one size category larger for how much damage it deals. This ability does not stack with other virtual size increases, such as the impact weapon enhancement.
This replaces powerful steed.

Vampire’s Awe (Su): At 18th level, a Dread Tepes can spend 4 rounds of his commander’s aura for try to crush an opponent’s will as a standard action. The opponent must make a Will save DC 10 + ½ the legendary cavalier’s level + his Charisma modifier or fall instantly under his influence as though by a dominate monster spell (caster level equals the Dread Tepes’s legendary cavalier level). Once a creature succeed his save, he become immune to the vampire’s awe of the same Dread Tepes for 24 hours. The ability has a range of 30 feet and is a compulsion, mind-affecting effect.
This replaces general’s awe.

Legendary Presence (Su): At 19th level, a Dread Tepes gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.
This replaces supreme charge.

Kazikli Bey, The Lord of Execution (Su): At 20th level, a Dread Tepes has mastered the art of massacre with the spear. The Dread Tepes can chose from three option:
  • effect an area around himself of 10 ft. per legendary cavalier level wide, 30 ft. per legendary cavalier level in height.​
  • effect a line in front of him of 20 ft. per legendary cavalier level long, 5 ft. per legendary cavalier level wide, 5 ft. per legendary cavalier level in height.​
  • effect a single enemy within 10 ft. per legendary cavalier level.​
In the first two options a tempest of spears hit the area and all creatures within takes 2d6 magical piercing damage per legendary cavalier level with a Reflex save DC 10 + ½ the legendary cavalier’s level + his Charisma modifier for half damage. The Dread Tepes can choose to exclude a number of creature in the area equal to his Charisma modifier. In the third option the storm of spears target a single enemy which takes 3d6 magical piercing damage per legendary cavalier level with a Reflex save DC 10 + ½ the legendary cavalier’s level + his Charisma modifier for half damage. Targets that have total cover from the point of origin of the effect (from the sky for the first option, from the Dread Tepes himself for the second and third) are immune to Kazikli Bey. Even if it is a supernatural, once the weapons are materialized they are real, even if only for a brief moment: they ignore the effect of dead magic zones or antimagic fields. This ability can be used once every hour, with a maximum number of time per day equal to the Dread Tepes Charisma modifier (every time he can chose any option, not only the one that he used the last time). The spears of Kazikli Bey count as adamantine, cold iron, iron, silver, ghost touch weapons plus the alignment select at 7th level with summon pike for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction, bypassing hardness, and affecting incorporeal creatures.
Can you make Vlad himself? I figured he'd be a vampire antipaladin/aristocrat/cavalier.

Obly99

Hero
Ox Style (Combat, Style)
You punish an enemy when he uses subterfuge to escape your blows.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, BAB +5 or monk 5.
Benefit: Once per round, when an enemy use an ability for make you miss a melee attack (like Crane Wing or Opportune Parry and Riposte of the Swashbuckler but not a mirror image spell) you can make a single unarmed strike attack as a free action against that creature (if it is in reach).
Special: A monk of at least 6th level with this feat can select Vital Strike as a monk bonus feat.

Ox Punishment (Combat, Style)
When you punish enemies for their cowardice, your blows cannot be deflected.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Ox Style, BAB +9 or monk 9.
Benefit: When you make the free unarmed attack of Ox Style, that attack cannot be negated by an ability (like Opportune Parry and Riposte of the Swashbuckler), ignore concealment and partial cover and treat total concealment as concealment (20% miss chance).
Special: A monk of at least 11th level with this feat can select Improved Vital Strike as a monk bonus feat.

Ox Onslaught (Combat, Style)
When an enemy flees from your blow, you can try to hit him anyway
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Ox Punishment, Ox Style, BAB +11 or monk 11.
Benefit: When you make the free attack of Ox Style, instead of an unarmed strike, you can instead make the same attack that was negated and with its same effects and modifiers (eg. if you are a minotaur and the negated attack was your gore in charge [with also powerful charge], you can make a new powerful charge attack instead of an unarmed strike; if you are a tatake rakshasa and the negated attack was your bite modified with Improved Vital Strike and true strike, you can make a new bite attack modified with Improved Vital Strike and true strike instead of an unarmed strike; if you are a lich and the negated attack was your touch attack, you can make a new touch attack instead of an unarmed strike).
Special: A monk of at least 16th level with this feat can select Greater Vital Strike as a monk bonus feat.

Ox Style (Combat, Style)
You punish an enemy when he uses subterfuge to escape your blows.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, BAB +5 or monk 5.
Benefit: Once per round, when an enemy use an ability for make you miss a melee attack (like Crane Wing or Opportune Parry and Riposte of the Swashbuckler but not a mirror image spell) you can make a single unarmed strike attack as a free action against that creature (if it is in reach).
Special: A monk of at least 6th level with this feat can select Vital Strike as a monk bonus feat.

Ox Punishment (Combat, Style)
When you punish enemies for their cowardice, your blows cannot be deflected.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Ox Style, BAB +9 or monk 9.
Benefit: When you make the free unarmed attack of Ox Style, that attack cannot be negated by an ability (like Opportune Parry and Riposte of the Swashbuckler), ignore concealment and partial cover and treat total concealment as concealment (20% miss chance).
Special: A monk of at least 11th level with this feat can select Improved Vital Strike as a monk bonus feat.

Ox Onslaught (Combat, Style)
When an enemy flees from your blow, you can try to hit him anyway
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Ox Punishment, Ox Style, BAB +11 or monk 11.
Benefit: When you make the free attack of Ox Style, instead of an unarmed strike, you can instead make the same attack that was negated and with its same effects and modifiers (eg. if you are a minotaur and the negated attack was your gore in charge [with also powerful charge], you can make a new powerful charge attack instead of an unarmed strike; if you are a tatake rakshasa and the negated attack was your bite modified with Improved Vital Strike and true strike, you can make a new bite attack modified with Improved Vital Strike and true strike instead of an unarmed strike; if you are a lich and the negated attack was your touch attack, you can make a new touch attack instead of an unarmed strike).
Special: A monk of at least 16th level with this feat can select Greater Vital Strike as a monk bonus feat.
These are cool. Seem useful. That last one though, that's seems very strong.

Obly99

Hero
These are cool. Seem useful. That last one though, that's seems very strong.
Thank you for appreciation. Regarding Ox Onslaught, in these cases borderline between extremely powerful or totally broken based on the build I trust in the agreement of the table: as a master I do stuff that is an adequate challenge and not that devastates you without any possibility of escape/win and as a player I can optimize but without breaking the game/abusing it.

Last edited:

Remove ads