• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Subscription to a Post and Instant Notification....

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
This is somewhat working for me but then again it isn't working for me. If I view a certain thread I will get the notification that there has been an update to it. But only that one thread that I have happened to visit. The other threads I have subscribed to I hear nothing from them at all, unless of course I actually go read the thread and then I will start getting notifications for that one but again will lose all previous notifications.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is EnWorld have some hiccups, which mind you I would fully understand with all the drastic changes that have been going around lately.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Ok this seems to be working better now, sort of. I am now only getting notifications to the threads that I have actually visited in a thread but none of the others, even though they have been updated.

Shrug, I have no idea if I am doing something wrong or if it is a bug but I figured I would let you all know.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Eeek, I'm sorry, Elocin, but your question was too convoluted for my poor brain! Could you rephrase it for me?

Probably my fault. I'm just getting over flu, and am having trouble concentrating!

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
I am not so sure I was explaining myself very well either, so lets try this another way.

I beleive I have about 10+ threads that I subscribe to with instant notification set up.

For the past couple days 2 of those 10 threads I have gotten emails about and that is only cauz I pohysically went to those threads online. I am pretty sure some of those threads have no new posts in them but I know some of them have as well (checked on another computer not my mian).

So I was thikning that to get all 10+ threads working on a day to day basis I would have to visit each and every one of them every morning when I get to work and then again when I get home. I am prtty sure this is not how it is supposed to be working. So I posted on here to see if anyone else is having that issues or if I am just not doing someting right, which mind you could be a possibility.

Hopefully I was able to tranlate my gibberish from the previous posts.

Also sorry to hear that you are sick and hope you get better soon.

Thanks for looking into this.

Michael Morris

First Post
If you subscribed while email notification was turned off, the setting for that subscription will have been "no email" Turning email notification on will NOT have changed the settings for these subscriptions - you need to pull up these subscriptions and make sure they are set to email notification.

Remove ads