• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Substandard parties

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Agback said:
Players' point of view.

Oops. That sort of renders my above advice pretty well useless.

If I had to sum up my advice for the shorthanded party in one sentence, it would be: You can't go wrong with a Cleric of Boccob with the Knowledge and Magic domains!

handforged

First Post
two clerics can be a powerhouse pair, and fun to roleplay if you choose two slightly opposed dieties. Good BAB, healing spells, attack spells, divintaion spells.

What about a follower of Boccob(Magic, Knowledge) and a follower of Fharlanghn (Protection, Travel)? Between the Magic and Travel domains, you get a number of wizard like spells. If both of you have high Charisma, you will be able to get about anything you want out of people, and your churches should be able to provide you with shelter most places. The Boccobite could multi as a Wizard or Sorcerer, and the Fharlanghnian could multi as a rogue or bard. You both travel around with your quarterstaves fighting for yourselves and your dieties, protecting the meek and seeking fortune.

What about a Paladin of Wee Jas and a Necromancer. One Lawful Good the ither Lawful Evil. Both incredibly, devout paired by their religious superiors.

~hf

Balgus

First Post
Originally posted by Agback :
Players' point of view.
Hmmmm- maybe that should have been stated earlier. Everyone assumed it was a DM askin.. and so was pushin for a fair DM to make adv around the polayers.

If you are the one concerned and not the DM- then maybe you shpould direct him here...

As is- there is nothing you can really do to survive- save have a DM care enough not to kill you for not having two other players.

But yes- 2 clerics, or a clreric/paladin combo would be optimum. Other than that, I can't see how a pair can survive a normal campaign...
:(

jollyninja

First Post
i've been a player in a three man group for awhile and let me tell you it's great for getting things done quickly. we usually play a rogue multiclass with a tank type as it seems to be the easyest for the dm to not kill accidentally but still challenge. if you want to min/max a bit single levels (you know, jimmy was aprenticed to a wizard hated it or doug's dad was a druid so he learned that but he really likes stealing and fighting) in a caster class allow you to use the items so it's a decent substitute. also it allows the dm to control the magic in the game which is good for a novice dm.

edit ungodly spelling

Last edited:

Comert

First Post
cleric and rogue
cleric has access to healing, can become a decent warrior with buff spells, can do summoning, access to many weapons, heavy armor, great versus undead; rogue with his skills will prove useful in many situations like scouting or dealing with traps, locks and the like.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads