• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggested Modules for a Spy Game that Deals With One Of the Following?

khantroll

Explorer
Hi. About a month ago, my group decided to lay off the high fantasy gaming. It was agreed that we'd take a few weeks, play some card games and board games, and then try some different games.

In the mean time, I found two things in the same week that gave me an idea. One was an original copy of TSR's Top Secret!, and the other was the discovery that there are a lot of 1980s and 1990s news clips on youtube. These two things converged into the following idea: the characters will be spies starting in January 1990. I'll find adventures that I can turn around to match international events of that time period, and they can play through it. Then, they can get the whole story from watching the news clips.

Not only does it add to the mood, but it also helps with RP and mood setting, along with period and location specific music. I figure, the internet has provided us with a multimedia time machine, so I might as well use it.

Problem: I've never run a spy game before, and have no idea where to look for modules. Obviously, I don't expect to find TS modules, because there were less then 20 of them published, but I figure the system is simple enough that I can convert.

So I've said all that, just to give background on this question: Does anyone have any suggestions for spy or pulp based adventures that include the following events (all from Jan. 1990, FYI):

* Train Collision: Anything from a running gun battle to a hidden bomb.
* Assassination of a hated political figure in a hospital
* Independence Demonstration
* Stealing records before they go public (I have one, but more suggestions are always helpful).
*Guerilla warfare support for insurgent forces
* Cyber terrorism
* Adventure on a plane (I've got a spaceship one that I can adapt, but would like to see others).
* Eco terrorism
* Food terrorism

Thanks in advance for anybody's suggestions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads