• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestion on a mount for a Dwarf Paladin?

Rostek

Explorer
Dire Boar + name Pumbaa + heavy plate barding= Dwarven fun-ness.

And, you know, if worst comes to worst, celestial boar tastes better than horse.
Jus' sayin'...

Dwarves=

moody
armored
slow moving
eat / drink anything

Sounds like an armidillo! Make that a monstrous Dire 1/2 fiend armidillo!

SteelDraco said:
I'm not really sure I'd ride a wolverine into combat, given the fact that once they take damage, you won't have the option of retreating or switching opponents, given their frenzy ability. It'd be like riding on the back of your own little Frenzied Berserker.

One of my players is a Druid / Mage and currently uses a Dire Wolverine to GREAT effect. Rarely does the battle last long.

Oh course- the one time was when facing a Dragon Turtle on a stone bridge during a hurricane.......evil DM.

Rogue765

First Post
SteelDraco said:
I'm not really sure I'd ride a wolverine into combat, given the fact that once they take damage, you won't have the option of retreating or switching opponents, given their frenzy ability. It'd be like riding on the back of your own little Frenzied Berserker.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :)

And my vote is for a giant ant.

Digital M@ said:
REaper has 2 awesome figs of dwarves on bears

3 Actually. 2 Dark Heaven, 1 Warlord. (1 of the Dark Heaven might be OOP, but I still see it in a lot of stores. 1 has the Bear on all fours, the other other has it rearing up on two legs & in each teh dwarf comes seperate. The Warlord one looks like a mini-viking on a bear & comes in 1 main piece & you glue on the arms & other pieces.

The MMII has the War Beast Template in the back off it. The sample creature is a War Rhino, and it specifically mentions dwarves riding them into battle.

Although in the FR, Rhino Riding Dwarves fit better in the Great Rift Reason.

I say give him a War Tortoise! :)

EvilBen

First Post
Tinner said:
I'd say rust monster, but then it's stone weapons and leather armor for you.

Unless you get or make one of these :)

Gauntlet of Rust
This single metal gauntlet looks rusted and pitted but is actually quite powerful. Once per day, it can affect an object as with the rusting grasp spell. It also completely protects the wearer and her gear from rust (magical or otherwise), including the attack of a rust monster.

and yes I did make one once, a Rust Monster mounted Dwarf that is... maybe I should post him in the "most Asnine thread" :)

Remove ads