• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestions for Fighter/Bard.

WHW4

First Post
We are going to be starting a core PF game up shortly (Core Rulebook + Advanced Player's) at 4th level. My concept is a fighter/bard of some type with inspiration drawing from Brutal Legend. My race of choice is human. No stats rolled as of yet, just assume a 30 pt build as a nice middle ground.

I was interested in how some of you would do it. I'm looking long term here too, so feel free to brainstorm up to 20th.

I'd like to stay as true to concept as possible, however viability at the table is very important to me, and I hate "dead weight" characters.

Any thoughts?

Dilvias

Explorer
Personally I'd go straight arcane duelist (bard archetype from APG), with maybe a 1 level dip in fighter to get all martial weapons (If you really want the greataxe in the picture). stat distribution I'd go str - cha - dex/con - int/wis.

Sample build 30 point buy
str 18 (16+2) dex 14 Con 14 Int 10 wis 10 Cha 16
1st level fighter 1: feats - wf: greataxe, power attack, dazzling display
2nd level arcane duelist 1: inspire courage, rallying cry, feats - arcane strike 1st level spells known: expeditious retreat, cure light wounds

With your greataxe and using inspire courage, at 2nd level you are +7 to hit, 1d12+8 damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads