D&D 3E/3.5 Suggestions for Wizard party buff spells (level 6 or less)

My thought there was that Anger of the Noonday Sun says that it affects any undead that is adverse to sunlight differently. I'm pretty sure the spell was written with vampires in mind. So wraiths are in a nebulous gray area. Will you let us know what your GM says?

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Just an update that we finished this battle (finally). We had some summer scheduling conflicts that delayed things. The Sheltered Vitality spell was amazing and something our priest credits with saving our bacon. The GM also agreed that the Anger of the Noonday Sun spell would work on the Wraith and they had a very bad day TM.

I put a Mass Resist Energy versus fire on the group and it was incredibly effective as we got Flame Strike dumped on us and 3/4s of the group failed their saves. the 30 resistance kept us going.

The single biggest win was not spell related: we have a spiked chain using gish character who cast swift fly and moved up to the boss. The boss cast Destruction on him and failed the cast defensive check. They then cast quickened cause serious wounds and failed that roll too. I have never seen such bad luck from the DM on checks. We did the save to see what would happen, and the gish would have been writing up a new character had that not happened.

Remove ads