• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Suggestions on converting from 3e/3.5e to AD&D?

Virel

First Post
Suggestions on converting from 3e/3.5e to AD&D?

I've picked up several interesting looking 3e products I'd like to use with my 1st ed group. Any suggestions, threads, tables, I should be aware of before I try to convert Gary Gygax's Necropolis?

Thank You

Takeda

First Post
Honestly! ... Don't bother! Use the ideas, the core of the product and use them to come up with an original interpretation of it in AD&D rules.

Converting it from 3.0 to AD&D will cause you a stroke if not kill you outright! ;)

It's like taking the music off of the Voyager space craft and using it to design a lightbulb. Both were credited to Edison (early wax records and the lightbulb) but one merely has a thematic tie to the other!

Just my opinion!

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Virel said:
Suggestions on converting from 3e/3.5e to AD&D?

I've picked up several interesting looking 3e products I'd like to use with my 1st ed group. Any suggestions, threads, tables, I should be aware of before I try to convert Gary Gygax's Necropolis?

Thank You
Goodman Games has posted some fan conversions for 3 of the DCC series: http://www.goodmangames.com/freematerial.php#DCC-1E

EDIT: Of course, being active over at DF, you probably knew that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads