• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Summer Gaming Report: What Are You Playing?

What are you playing this summer?

Korgoth

First Post
We play two "A" schedule games (every other week on Sunday) and four "B" games (each once per month on Saturdays).

Currently the schedule is:

A Games:
Weeks 1 & 3 - B/X D&D "Adventures in the New Kingdoms"
Weeks 2 & 4 - Gamma World

B Games:
Week 1 - AD&D1e Greyhawk Classic
Week 2 - Savage Worlds ShadowRun
Week 3 - Street Fighter: the StoryTelling Game
Week 4 - Star Frontiers

An enviable schedule! Is the Gamma World game 1st edition?

Actually, when I think about it, I don't find it *that* enviable. I'm not a fan of the B-schedule of one game in that campaign per month. It really spreads our gaming around, and because some players are in some campaigns and not in others, the scheduling gets weird and we end up missing players pretty frequently.

Cyberpunk 2020! Because 203X is for suxxor. There's an edition war thread I'd like to read.

The closest you will come to an edition war in that would be some of the appologists like HellHound claiming that there are some valid and good design points in CP3, but even they won't go so far as to defend CP3 as a cyberpunk RPG. Or a good RPG.

Psion

Adventurer
I'm finishing up our Spycraft 2.0 campaign.

After that, the action will probably go back to my Mongoose Traveller campaign (set in the T20 Gateway to Destiny setting) which is currently on hiatus, or start a new Spycraft 2.0 game.

I have a small urge to run a Pathfinder AP in 3.5; that may or may not bear fruit.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Next up for us: Changeling.

After that: Mouseguard.

In the pipe after those two: D&D4e (Dungeon Delve Extravaganza), Dark Heresy and WFRP. And then some Call of Cthulhu.

Probably more than we have time for this summer, but we hope to get some good gaming going.

/M

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Playing in a 4e game.

Running a 4e game and a homebrew scifi game.

My 2 roomies and I are playing through Scales of War too, with me and one of my roommates taking turns running adventures. We made level 4 characters since the xp about balances out (3 4th roughly equals 5 1st). The DM runs his character too, but has them mostly "background" until combat. So far it's worked out pretty well.

Also random pickup games that happen from time to time in various systems (1st edition Exalted, GURPS, Alternity, Star Wars, Dark Heresy, Warhammer RPG, homebrews).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads