• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Summon Stud

Kabol

First Post
Ok - Haha - I had one of my players bring this up to me, and I went totaly blank on what to say.

Can you summon a celestial animal - and have it breed with a normal animal while its summoned? Would you get a Half-Celestial baby?

First thougth was that his ... err ... seed <sigh> would disapear when the spell ran out - But - if a summoned mob posions somone, the poision does not disapear when the duration is up.

So - whats your thoughts - I kinda wanna reward the cool idea, but in not sure exactly how it would work :)

drunkmoogle

First Post
Wow. There's a good adventure seed in here. Yoink.

Sure, I'd allow it. Not knowing the mating rituals certain animals go through, I'd say it takes 20+d10 rounds before the seeds are planted.

Of course, this raises the question as to why animal breeders don't do this. My reasoning is that you have to cycle through all of the wrong gender, those not in season, and those that don't want anything to do with puny mortal flesh. Not to mention the probable increase of a miscarraige due to odd blood. Not to mention the fact that (under my ruling) you have to find an 11th level wizard/cleric with extend spell to get a creature to finish his business.

Sejs

First Post
Of course, this raises the question as to why animal breeders don't do this.
Because it would cost alot of money to pay for the spells required to pull it off. More money than your average animal breeder commoner would ever see in their entire lifetime.

Anyway, as an aside: Good idea, but I'd personally use Lesser Planar Binding over Summon Monster. LPB lasts until it's done, whereas with Summon Monster you need to deal in rounds.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Considering the duration of the Summoning spells, the "stud" in question better be...um..."quick on the draw". From a (very) slightly more serious standpoint, this would practically limit such applications to spellcasters of at least mid-levels or ones who make liberal use of the Extend Spell feat.

As a GM I'd probably nix this idea on the basis that the summoned stud has no time to reach the necessary state to achieve mating.

If you want another question that'll bake your noodle, check out the various threads about whether the intelligence of Awakened animals breeds true.

Felix

Explorer
I can see an evil Conjurer casting Planar Bindings and breeding a host of Half-Fiend Nightmare Horses. Considering the task, I think you'd have a +6 to your CHA check. Yeah, cool.

Yoink. :)

Liquidsabre

Explorer
I'm afraid it wouldn't work. Half-Celestial and Half-Fiend templates can only be added to creatures of Int 4 or higher, so that rules out horses, being animals. Sorry to spoil the fun. ;)

*ahem* Um however on an intelligent species it would, uh, work. :uhoh:

Lodow MoBo

First Post
You have to be kidding. Your going to yank an animal from its native plane point it a lesser version of itself and have it jump right on before 4 minutes is up? The San Diego Zoo wishes it was that easy

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads