• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Summoned Monster Cards

werk

First Post
I'd like to have some printed cards (or pdf's even) with the stats, abilites, etc for summoned monsters and allies. I was able to find cards for everything from the MM, but am interested in just the summoned monsters and allies with templates(fiendish/celestial/dire), etc, already calculated. Looking for a lot of summoning options with low prep work.

Am I being clear on this, does this make sense?
Does anyone know where I could buy something like this?

Whew!

For a second I thought you were talking about Pokemon! (or any other CCG, for that matter).

You can always make up the cards yourself.

It might sound like more work, but you can then customize the creatures (higher stats, above average hp, different feats, etc), or you can ONLY make those cards for creatures you want your PC's to summon. Or make cards for alternate monsters.

werk

First Post
Vraille Darkfang said:
Whew!
You can always make up the cards yourself.

It might sound like more work, but you can then customize the creatures (higher stats, above average hp, different feats, etc), or you can ONLY make those cards for creatures you want your PC's to summon. Or make cards for alternate monsters.

This is what I'm considering now, but it just seems like a huge undertaking. The OGC monster cards are everything in the SRD MM, so not exactly what I was looking for (and the only thing I had found).

Zephyrus

First Post
The Eberron Character sheet's also provides a listing of statblocks for the summoned monsters (including modification entry for if the caster has the Augment Summoning feat).

farscapesg1

First Post
I haven't personally found anything, so I've had to create my own. I started out with 3x5 cards but found that trying to print them out is a real pain. So I recently just started creating them in Word on full size sheets (seperated into two columns).

I figured that this would be easier since the prestige class that I am going for (custom made) will alter the summoned creatures further, resulting in having to modify the creatures a couple more times. It is a little tedious having to go through and re-calculate all the creature's information and typing it in, but it is well worth having the stats at my fingertips when gaming.

Hi Werk,

I'd help if I could but it took me over two weeks to do summoning cards for my Lucifus Cray character - he's an alienist which adds further complications.

I did these on an A4 page, landscaped with the altered stats (augment summoning plus psuedonatural template) in the new DMG II format along with 5 columns representing up to five creatures (so I can track their hit points, hit points per tentacle, abilities used per day etc.). This was done up to the SM IX list.

Best thing I ever did. I had the regular cards beforehand but really, the DMG II format is ten times clearer, concise and just plain suitable. Doing this yourself makes you fully aware of their abilities too. Very good if you want to become a highly effective summoner.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads