• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Summoner Arcane Archer?

Xendria

First Post
Has anyone tried this. It looks pretty good to me but that's of course from a drawing board stand point. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome as I am thinking of playing this in my next campaign (2 months or so).

I can see some large downsides to it, mainly your Eidolon does not increasing but is stuck at low level. Your casting does, but your casting is secondary really much like a bards.

It'll work, it's just not the most ideal class for the AA.

Xendria

First Post
Well I would think Bard 8 or Sorcerer 1/ Fighter 6 to be the ideal classes but with Sorcerer you're not getting any real spell casting and Bard you're getting the same amount as Summoner. The perk to Summoner would be using the Eidolon as a mount of some sort or a small hit and run attacker. I think Sorcerer 1/ Fighter 6 would deal the most outright damage but I think Bard or Summoner would be more versatile.

Another note: You need a ride evolution for it to work as a mount. However I can see your point an 8th level eidolon is pretty good mount

Joshua J. Frost said:
Ride (Ex): (2-point evolution) While an eidolon can normally carry its summoner should it have a high enough Strength to do so, eidolons, because of their malleable nature, are not normally able to be ridden into combat. This evolution allows an eidolon to be ridden without penalty by its summoner and allows the eidolon to use the normal mounted combat rules. The eidolon is only considered to be a suitable mount for its summoner and may not be ridden into combat by another creature. This evolution is only available to eidolons with four legs that are one size category larger than their summoner.

Xendria

First Post
Do you have any idea where he posted that? Not that I don't believe you, I just saw it on the Paizo boards as well but I can't remember where.

Xendria

First Post
I just jotted these up out of boredom at work. I think with either one of these would make Summoner/AA more than effective, easily passing Bard/AA and competing with Fighter/AA.

Mount Eidolon
NG Large Quadruped Outsider
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9
AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 21 (+3 Dex, +12 natural, -1 size)
hp ~60 (6d10+30)
Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +4
Speed 40 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee Bite +13 (1d8+10)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Str 25, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +6; CMB +14; CMD 27
Feats Run, Toughness, Iron Will
Skills Acrobatics +12, Perception +9, Fly +10, Intimidate +9
Special Abilities link, share spells, Evasion, Devotion
Evolutions(11) bite(free), limbs(legs, free), large(4),
flight(wings, 4), ride(2), Improved Natural Armor(1)

"Hit-and-Run" Eidolon
NG Medium Quadruped Outsider
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9
AC 22, touch 14, flat-footed 18 (+4 Dex, +8 natural)
hp ~35 (6d10+5)
Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2
Speed 40 ft., climb 40 ft.
Melee Bite +12 (1d8+9 plus 1d6 electricity)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with bite)
Str 22, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11
Base Atk +6; CMB +12; CMD 26
Feats Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack
Skills Acrobatics +13, Perception +9, Stealth +13, Survival +9
Special Abilities link, share spells, Evasion, Devotion
Evolutions(11) bite(free), limbs(legs, free), Improved damage(bite, 1),
Magic Attacks(1), Reach(bite, 1), Climb(1), Scent(1),
Energy Attacks(electricity, 2), Ability Increase(Strength, 4)

It may be worth to take an extra level of Summoner to get Vital Strike for the "Hit-and-Run" Eidolon. Like I said I jotted them up quick at work, if you see anything wrong, please correct me.

Remove ads