• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Super Gestalt"

Kurashu

First Post
This is something that caught some attention over at BG, so I thought I'd post it here too.

Elves used to be able to be fighter/mage/thieves. Well, UA gave us gestalt. I present, "super gestalt." Or going completely auf Desutsch: Ueber Gestalt.

You take three classes at the same time. So a fighter/mage/thief may actually be a paladin/wilder/spellthief or a duskblade/archivist/factotum. BUT, you can't multiclass or take prestige classes. LA and Racial HD take up only on one side (so lycanthropes and what not are viable now).

So, what is your most ueber gestalt build (pun very much intended)?

Jack Simth

First Post
Paladin//Ninja//Sorcerer, using Ascetic Mage. Charisma to saves, Charisma to AC, Full Casting, All Good Saves, 6+Int skill points per level, and some swift-action stuff from the Ninja side.

Plus, at higher levels (14th+), Limited Wish can duplicate Psychic Reformation to change out spells known (under transparency).

Edit:
Can also replace Paladin with Hexblade, to get Mettle in there to go with the Evasion that the Ninja eventually receives.

Last edited:

rgard

Adventurer
This is something that caught some attention over at BG, so I thought I'd post it here too.

Elves used to be able to be fighter/mage/thieves. Well, UA gave us gestalt. I present, "super gestalt." Or going completely auf Desutsch: Ueber Gestalt.

You take three classes at the same time. So a fighter/mage/thief may actually be a paladin/wilder/spellthief or a duskblade/archivist/factotum. BUT, you can't multiclass or take prestige classes. LA and Racial HD take up only on one side (so lycanthropes and what not are viable now).

So, what is your most ueber gestalt build (pun very much intended)?

Cool idea.

I'd have fun with Battlesorcerer, Duskblade, Rogue.

German spell check: Deutsch und über.

Kurashu

First Post
Whoops. I totally typoed Deutsch. *shame* As for ueber, it's a way of typing umlauts without having to actually do the umlaut. I forgot what it's called, but I used it a lot when talking to my friend who went to Germany for a year. Mostly because I'm lazy like that.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I've always liked the idea of "Wizard, Psion, Factotem, Warblade; pick 2." So...since i don't know psionics that well, I'd probably go with a Warblade/Wizard/Factotem. Full BAB, d12 HD, all good saves, 6+ int skill points and all skills are class skills, full wizard spellcasting, some factotem supplemental casting, warblade maneuvers and inspiration points for per encounter abilities. Action use becomes much less a problem once Factotem grants the ability to spend inspiration to gain more actions.

Int adds eventually to reflex, AC, all special combat attacks (bull rush, grapple, etc...), attack and damage (sometimes more than once), crit confirmation, every skill check once/day, and...lots more stuff. Font of inspiration feat taken as much as possible for more points to throw around (you gain more points each time you take the feat).

Other passive benefits include bonus feats from two classes and Warblade stances, 2 active at once at level 20. Heck, can even self-heal with both Factotem and Warblade (IH Endurance). Factotem eventually gives me any 15th level class features I want...

Drowbane

First Post
Uber Gestalt is something I've refered to as "Tri-stalt". Until recently it had only been discussed... my niece has a Cleric | Rogue | Swordsage. She is soloing through Shackled City.

What would my Uber Gestalt consist of? Jeez... lemme get back to you on that.

Later: Archivist | Psion | Warblade. Focused on Str and Int with some Wis.

Last edited:

rgard

Adventurer
Whoops. I totally typoed Deutsch. *shame* As for ueber, it's a way of typing umlauts without having to actually do the umlaut. I forgot what it's called, but I used it a lot when talking to my friend who went to Germany for a year. Mostly because I'm lazy like that.

I hear you on ueber being easier. I had to google 'umlaut' to find an u umlaut to copy and paste. There was something on the page about the key strokes needed, but it didn't work for me.

Thanks,
Rich

Jack Simth

First Post
I've always liked the idea of "Wizard, Psion, Factotem, Warblade; pick 2." So...since i don't know psionics that well, I'd probably go with a Warblade/Wizard/Factotem. Full BAB, d12 HD, all good saves, 6+ int skill points and all skills are class skills, full wizard spellcasting, some factotem supplemental casting, warblade maneuvers and inspiration points for per encounter abilities. Action use becomes much less a problem once Factotem grants the ability to spend inspiration to gain more actions.
With the Warblade in the mix, you'd want Psion over Wizard - because Psions don't suffer from Arcane Spell Failure, and Warblades get armor.

You could also replace Wizard with Archivist (Int-based Divine caster, so no ASF in armor), especially if there's an actual Wizard in the party that you can collaborate with to make Divine scrolls of Wizard spells (an exploit, granted).

Remove ads