• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superior Implements, ammunition missing from the New CB

Trebor62

First Post
I have not been able to find Superior Implements or magic ammunition in the new CB market. Am I just not finding them or are they not in the new CB? The feats for Superior Implements are there but not the items themselves that I can find.

The Superior Implements are there. When you are in Marketplace in the Weapons section, click on the Category drop down menu, and Superior Implements should appear above the Implement category. If they do not appear make sure you are in the Custom Character creation section, and not in the create a quick Essentials character. Second, if you still can't find them, make sure to uncheck the Show suggested items box in the Marketplace

Trebor62

First Post
Thanks.

I found the Superior Implements, I had to uncheck the show suggested items box.

Still no sign of the magic ammunition from Adventures Vault 2

OnlineDM

Adventurer
How complete are the items in general in the online Character Builder? When looking for weapons and armor, I was only seeing a small subset of magical options. For instance, Delver's Armor and Veteran's Armor were there, but not things like Deathcut Armor. Am I missing something, or are the options just very limited?

Prestidigitalis

First Post
How complete are the items in general in the online Character Builder? When looking for weapons and armor, I was only seeing a small subset of magical options. For instance, Delver's Armor and Veteran's Armor were there, but not things like Deathcut Armor. Am I missing something, or are the options just very limited?

Have you tried the steps that Kelvor Ravenstar lists? Because the full list (more or less -- I won't claim there aren't a few missing items) is there.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post

Try making a Custom - Home Campaign character and not a Fast character or a Custom - Encounters character

drothgery

First Post

In addition to what others have mentioned, there a bunch of armor enhancements that either due to a data error or a logic error are only showing up for one type of armor that they can apply to. So something might be available for "Cloth, leather" instead of "Cloth, Leather" and it only shows up for Cloth.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Try making a Custom - Home Campaign character and not a Fast character or a Custom - Encounters character

Yep, that was the problem! I helped some first-time RPG players build characters, and I went with the quick Essentials character options. We customized them a little and started playing. Then I started handing out treasure, and I couldn't help them find the treasure that I was giving out.

Once you've created a character as a Quick Essentials version, can you change that option later for that character, or do you (as I fear) have to start over from scratch? Pretty annoying if it's the latter.

Remove ads