• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Superman" in D&D?!

Velenne

Explorer
Stronger than a locomotive?
Faster than a speeding bullet?
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?
Can fly?
Has X-ray vision?

We'll nix the whole "spin around the world really fast to reverse time" thing. Ya, that was lame.

How would you build him? Templates, classes, races, whatever you want.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Velenne said:
Stronger than a locomotive?
Faster than a speeding bullet?
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?
Can fly?
Has X-ray vision?

We'll nix the whole "spin around the world really fast to reverse time" thing. Ya, that was lame.

How would you build him? Templates, classes, races, whatever you want.

With a superhero supplement...

Chun-tzu

First Post
Well, I don't think there's much need for Superman in D&D, or much of a fit. I have, however, played with the idea of creating a character based on him.

Of course, he would be a Paladin, and I'd name him Kal, from the Elseworlds book that had Superman in a D&D-style setting (minus the magic). Give him a high Strength, and a Belt of Giant Strength (or better yet, something epic). He needs to fly, so there are a couple ways you can go, but I'd get him Winged Boots AND a Pegasus (what's a Paladin without a steed? And I'd name the Pegasus "Comet" after the super-horse). Ring of X-Ray Vision, of course. Plate Mail Armor of Invulnerability +5, and somehow get him some Damage Resistance, as well. Something that grants Haste, like Boots of Speed (I know, I've already got a pair of boots). The stylized S would be his crest, and he'd absolutely wear a red cape.

That covers his classic powers well enough for me. There are other magic items that could simulate his other powers, like a Circlet of Blasting to simulate Heat Vision, or a magic item that grants a +20 to Listen, to simulate Super-Hearing.

Of course, no reply to this question would be complete without mentioning Natural 20's Four-Color to Fantasy!

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Velenne said:
:p

Gotta be D&D!

There's superhero stuff out there that uses d20 - rules. Chun-tzu mentioned one.

In a fantasy-setting like Grayhawk or the Realms, there's no place for such superheroes, IMHO. Of course, you can emulate one with the right race and classes, and the right items (also, see Chun-tzu's post), but it won't be the same.

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Heck, you could make Spider-Man pretty easily. Just have lots of potions and scrolls of:

Spider-Climb
Web
Jump
Bull-Strength and
Foresight.

You got cherself an Amazing Spider-Man!

the Jester

Legend
Back in the 2e days there was a group of pc superheroes in my campaign, starting with Iron Dwarf (a dwarven priest of technology).

That was fun... but ridiculous.

Remove ads