• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superman Returns WTF? WARNING: movie spoiler

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Hey, what gives with Superman Returns?

No childhood background, just thrown right into a plot. Superman has left the earth and just returned. Lex Luther out of prison from two life e=sentences, Lous Lane with a 5 year old super baby, yes, its Supermans. Why stry from the formula. First movie tells origins, period. It works and is tried and true.

That being said, it was almost a bit refreshing not to have to sit through an hour of Clark Kent growing up on the farm. In a way it made you feel that the director treated you like a human with some sembelance of INT. Instead of spoon feeding you through every moment of history and telling you how things are, it relied on the fact that you already knew certain truths. This to me was refreshing, but to my Nephew, who did not see the original Christopher Reed Superman, it was a bit of a pain in the ass since I had to explain a lot to him.

And how the hell did superman not kill Lous Lane with his super sperm. Bang, one shot and I'm certain she would launch straight into space from the force.

Anyway, over all I like the way Spuerman was almost disconnected from human emotions and seemed more alien in thought. I liked it, but a 5 minute rewind of some background info would have been nice in the begining. It would have killed them to explain why Lex Luther was in prison. Is this supose to be a continuatiuon of the whole Christopher Reeve Superman series? It almost seems like it.

Anyway, just wanted to vent and see what others thought. So, what did you think?

talmar

First Post
This movie is not Superman 1 redone or reestablishing the Superman mythos. This is technically suppose to be Superman III. This one takes place 5 years after Superman 2. The one with Zod and his goonies and where Supermans becomes human to love and live with Lois etc etc etc.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
talmar said:
This movie is not Superman 1 redone or reestablishing the Superman mythos. This is technically suppose to be Superman III. This one takes place 5 years after Superman 2. The one with Zod and his goonies and where Supermans becomes human to love and live with Lois etc etc etc.
They had a Superman III, if you want to call it a movie. It had Superman fighting Superman and a huge computer with Richard Prior. Or are they treating that kind of like Highlander II, they made it and they wished they didn't? ;) :) :D

Remove ads