Superman's secret ID revealed

Green Knight

First Post
I don't believe this crap for a second. Clark Kent is Superman?!? Pffft. Please. WAKE UP, people! Clark Kent wears glasses. Superman DOESN'T. So how can they POSSIBLY be the same person? Wouldn't Superman be all blind without his glasses?

God, whoever dreamed up this idiotic theory needs to stop hitting the crack pipe ...

Turlogh

Explorer
Duh Superman wears contacts while Clark wears glasses.

It was Joe Chill a minor thug who killed Bruce Wayne's parents (although DC likes to keep rewriting the back story).

Welverin

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
Not to hijack the thread or anything but has anyone here picked up the new Frank miller Dark Knight 2 books yet?

Yep, picked it up for my brother. I really, REALLY dislike Miller's art, not sure how much that affects my opinion on the books as a whole though. The first one's ok to good the second one was lacking, something.

Ultimates is real good though.

Superman can`t wear contact lenses because they would melt when his laser shots through them. Even contact lenses must absorb some energy...
Glasses would be much better, because you can easily turn them off. (The last think I know definitely, i wear glasses :) )

Welverin

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Superman can`t wear contact lenses because they would melt when his laser shots through them. Even contact lenses must absorb some energy...
Glasses would be much better, because you can easily turn them off. (The last think I know definitely, i wear glasses :) )

Do you mean take them off? Or do you have so cool futuristic glasses with an on/off button that makes them disappear on command?

Superman

First Post
Green Knight said:
I don't believe this crap for a second. Clark Kent is Superman?!? Pffft. Please. WAKE UP, people! Clark Kent wears glasses. Superman DOESN'T. So how can they POSSIBLY be the same person? Wouldn't Superman be all blind without his glasses?

God, whoever dreamed up this idiotic theory needs to stop hitting the crack pipe ...
Glad to see someone has his head screwed on right.
There's no way I could be Clark.
He has glasses, and he's mild mannered, not to mention the fact he doesn't have a cape now does he.
Look there's Clark, he's over there.
-Superman points behind you-
Oh, sorry, you just missed him.
Maybe if you run around the corner real fast you can catch him and find out what he thinks about all this. ;)

Turlogh said:
Duh Superman wears contacts while Clark wears glasses.
I DON'T wear contact lenses.
I have SUPER-vision and X-Ray-Vision and HEAT-Vision.
Anyway Contacts would melt.
Glasses would melt too.
So as you can see there is no way I'm Clark Kent.

Ruvion said:
Ah...but Superman has a "cool" curling hairdo, while Mr. Kent doesn't... :D
Yep. I'm cool, he's not.

Last edited:

Superman

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Yeah your right, I can't wear contacts.

Turn them off?
I don't even know how to turn off glasses so there is no way I could do that ether.
Mustrum_Ridcully you seem to know a lot about glass.
What are you some kind of reporter or something?
Is your Secret Identity Clark Kent?
You know I have X-Ray Vision.
Don't worry, I wont tell. ;)

Welverin said:
Do you mean take them off? Or do you have so cool futuristic glasses with an on/off button that makes them disappear on command?
Yeah, maybe Batman has glasses that turn off and on,
but I've never heard of them before.

Black Omega

First Post
For some reason I'm thinking of the superhero logic in Mystery Men now.

The secret ID thing has gone around for some time. There have been a few times where it turned out Bats and Supes knew each other's ID's. The movies are the worst for this. I swear Batman was trying to give away his secret ID in the movies most of the time.;)

Klaus

First Post
Just a couple of clarifications:

1 - Batman believed Joe Chill (a common thug) killed his parents. Chill was killed by a supervillain during Batman: Year Two (by Todd MacFarlane). But later Bats found out Chill (although he was a killer) wasn't the man who killed his father. So Bruce's neverending crusade is not resolved. He now strikes at the whole criminal community, turning it into the embodiment of the man who killed his parents.

2 - John Byrne explained that Clark hunches forward a bit, combs his hair back, wear deep-lensed glasses and speaks in a much softer tone than Superman. The result is a completely different visual, like Robert de Niro usually do in his movies. Add to that the fact that no one thinks that Supes has a secret id, and the illusion is cast. during the Byrne run, Supes used a trick that Jay Garrick (Flash I) came up with, and constantly blurred his face to avoid photographs, so no one knew the exact details of his face.

3 - Yes, the movie Batman is a sucker for a blonde. I mean, all blondes in the movies were told his ID. The comics Batman takes this much more seriously, to the point that he hypnotized himself so that, if confronted by undeniable evidence that Batman in Bruce Wayne, he'd split his mind, and be Bruce Wayne until he heard the key phrase (which was Dick Grayson's oath as Robin: Never to sway from the path of justice...).

Remove ads