• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supermarket shenanigans

Angcuru

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Heard one, no idea if it is true, about a women's hosiery store called "Legs Beautiful." When they extended their hours of operation they posted a sign that read, "Legs Beautiful. Now Open Longer."
:lol:

WillieW

First Post
So this morning, the girlie on the checkout can't get her conveyer belt working.

"How do you get your belt to work?" she asks Checkout Girl Number 15.

"Just pass the thing over it."

She passes the thing over it without success.

"Hit it a bit."

Hitting it doesn't achieve anything.

So I had that privilege of handing my groceries to the checkout girl who passed them in front of the scanner without further mishap.

After I'd paid, I heard her ask Checkout Girl Number 15:

"How do you get your light to flash?"

The sky is falling.

Last edited:

Algolei

Explorer
I was looking to buy a computer one time from a store that had newly opened an outlet on the campus of the University of Manitoba. As I walked in, this guy put his arm around my shoulders and steered me over to a nifty but expensive set-up. "For you, the student special!" he said.

I looked at it, looked at the price, then looked at him. "Why is it 50% more than the exact same unit I was looking at in your downtown store this morning?"

"Yeah," he admitted. "We have to charge more to cover our rent: That's the student special." ;)

WillieW

First Post
Student special is right.

Doing the needful again today and I happened upon a tray of spicy chicken wings with a big happy red label saying "Buy 2 for €5.00!"

Yes, the regular price-tag is €2.50 a tray.... :confused:

Dismas

First Post
At the supermarket checkout, being served by someone who had been forced to take the job by their parents.

Price check on white carrots

They were parsnips, youth of today, only able to recognise veg if it has a product endorsement contract.

Remove ads