• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supers.. in Fantasy

Drakmar

Explorer
yup.. a new campaign.

Lets see.. what can I tell you...

the Golden Age was a time of High Magic, of flying leisure ships, of magical gates between countries and worlds...

A time when nobody went hungry.

And then the Dark Mistress came with her hoards of demons, and Lord Gheddon and Lady Rahn and the Nameless Warlord and his Host fought against the Dark Mistress and the Betrayer... and through a feat of great Magic, Lord Gheddon sundered the
Magic from the Demonspawn, and drove them from this world.

But the Magic of this world..changed.

All the ships apart from Lord Gheddon's fell to the ground. Lord Gheddon and his allies left this world.

All the portals snapped shut.

And the people...

they changed too. Magic no longer worked in the same way.. it expressed itself in different ways...

Where before, the magic was held by those trained in the ways of the mystic arts.. now it expressed itself in the common people.. some people could fly.. others were impervious, others were stronger than giants.

It was a time of Chaos.

And for a generation, Chaos ruled.

And now.. a generation later.. You are born.

Da daaaa..

basically.. I am taking a world I know.. advancing it 1000 years.. throwing in the necessary apocolypse. and then throughing it at my players.

I will be using the Mutants and Masterminds rules

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Have a look at some of the Hawaiian Kupua stories - they are basically super powered heroes and should give you some ideas.

I use them in my Mythic Polynesia Campaign - allowing Ariki level characters (those with Cha 21+) to take a bonus feat and those.with Tupua status (gained with increased Status - a homebrew mewchanic) to chose one Spelll (level depending on amount of Status) to cast at will...

Drakmar

Explorer
cool.. Odd you should say that.. one of the cultures is a mix of Jamacian/Polynesia.. (never mind how).

if you could point me to some sites.. or some documents that you have I would be ever grateful.

Drakmar.

Albert_Fish

First Post
i have not looked at the Mutants and Masterminds rules but this sounds an awful lot like a fantasy version of GODLIKE by Dennis Detwiller and Hobgobblyn Press ( www.godlikerpg.com ). Once normal people now imbued with magical powers they dont understand. it is not a D20 games but does have OGL rules in back. Take a look at it, its very cool and you might even want to borrow some of the mechanics ( the powers are based upon the emotional wellbeing of the characters, i.e. if they have no confidence in themselves then their powers fail)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Drakmar said:
if you could point me to some sites.. or some documents that you have I would be ever grateful.

Try The Chief with the wonderful servants and these too

I love these stories and all the Legends of Polynesia, and the Hawaiian kupua stories are especially funny.
Also note that when the word 'god' is used in the translations they are not always 'gods' as usually understood. (the D20 idea of Half-Celestials is in fact more accurate - perhaps even Aasimar and Tieflings!)

btw - according to my own geneology I'm an Aasimar! (ie one of my ancestors was a Celestial being (a grandson of Tane 'god' of the Forest) and another ancestor of mine apparently turned into a Shark!

Last edited:

Drakmar

Explorer
sweet. thanks.

basically.. this is going to be a cross between Exalted.. in some ways.. and Shadowrun in other.. using the M&M system...

ie.. the race of high men still exist.. but some "Expressed" and turned into giants.

humans.. some express and became.. say orges..

the same happened for critters too.

and.. now people run about and the stronger powers protect (with despotic or benign) the weak from the monsters.. like warlords.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads