• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Supers] Looking for A.I. Scenarios

Death_Jester

Explorer
Hello Everyone,

I have been thinking about running some Scenarios for superhroes. The setting is an A.I. controlled North America sort of like the Nightmares of futures Past of the old Marvel setting.

The A.I. Has taken over America and killed off a majority of the superhero population and then dismantled the goverment and set itself up as the Autocratic ruler. It did so in one swift act of controlled assassination. Its goal is to protect humanity by saving it from itself. Then taking over the military with well placed "chip-controlled" personal and computer viruses to take out hardware. It has hidden its central intellicence and now functions through robotic proxies that interact as its eyes and ears.

My question to the board is what kind of adventrues does that suggest to the members of the boards here?

Valiantheart

First Post
Sounds just like the Age of Apocalypse except with a computer overmind in place of the big A. Just go with that. Robot death squads, human processing plants, etc.

Death_Jester

Explorer
Greetings Everyone,

First off I would like to thank everyone that has taken time to answer my request for plot ideas. The goal of this little series of games is to set up a campaign based in the dark future of a world gone to Helen A. Hand-basket. The players will be children growing up in the world of 2035. All the player characters will be Mutants that have had help hiding from the Mutant detecting Sentinel-like Men in black agents of the A.I.. Any Mutant found out will have to live out their lives being either lab rats for the inhuman experiments of the Genetic and Rare Disease institute, dead, living life out as neutered slave labor, or worse yet as chip implanted hounds chasing down other mutants. With these options I "hope" the players will decide to take on the system and decide to make a better world for themselves and their children. The A.I. wants to create a world where humanity can survive and sees super-heroes and the like as a treat to its prime directive, however is also sees freewill as a threat also. The end of the game will be the players going into the past to correct the problem that caused their world in the first place. If they decide to correct the situation than they will have destroyed their home and have no place to go back to leaving them trapped in the world of 2010.

The real campaign will start from there but I want to do a pretty standard game after that and I have lots of ideas about this later part of the game but I want to give the players something to fight for. They have seen the future and know how wrong it can be and will fight anything they can do prevent the horrors they have seen in "their past" (which would the future of the campaign world, don't you love temporal plots). The first part, the fight against the A.I. part, will be a few sessions longs about 9 in total and I expect that some of the players will die in the attempt because it will not be easy to win. This, however, is a topic for another separate post.

I hope this clears up what I was looking for a little more and gives you a insight into what I was looking for in ways of plot ideas. Thanks for looking and much thanks for posting ideas for me to work with you guys rock.

Remove ads