• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Surprise! Guess I have a CS account now.

I logged in today to see I had a CS account.

I'm not complaining, but I didn't expect it.

Four months ago, yeah, I did request a CS account, I had some spare money for once and thought I'd enjoy having my CS account reactivated. However, I hadn't used my PayPal account in several years, so PayPal didn't process the payment and wanted piles of information from me to "verify" my account, a laborious process. My CS account didn't go through, and I didn't give it a second thought. The pending transaction was cancelled along with the CS account.

I then went through and finally "verified" my account with PayPal a couple of months ago so I could order something on eBay (a more annoying process than I'd like to repeat).

I just checked my bank account, and a $9.99 charge from paypal was on there.

Was it recurring and I didn't realize it originally, and it even recurrs if the original payment didn't go through and original account was cancelled?

Again, I don't mind, I'd just like to understand what's up.

Sorry, I posted that late at night and I was tired, maybe I wasn't as coherent in expressing myself as I thought I was. Let's try this again:

On March 31, I bought a CS account.

The account was activated, but moments later PayPal declined the payment, as I had not used PayPal in several and they wanted me to go through an arduous "verification" process before I could pay anything with the account.

Moments after this, the CS account was deactivated. It was only active less than a minute.

I basically give up on the CS account and don't give it another thought.

A few months later, I bought something on eBay. Something I needed, so I went through the trouble of verifying my account.

Yesterday I log in to ENWorld and find I now have a CS account through December 1. I checked my bank account and found a $9.99 charge from PayPal.

I am wondering was there a recurring subscription going on that I was unaware of.

I am curious how the subscription reoccurs even if the original payment was declined (i.e. comes back 4 months later to suddenly open a CS account when I only had one for about 30 seconds before they payment was declined).

Now, I'm NOT angry about this, just surprised and kind of confused. I'm NOT asking for a refund or for anything like that, I would just like confirmation that it's a recurring subscription unless you specifically cancel, so I know to expect charges in 4 months and to cancel if my budget is tight.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My best guess is that the original payment must ahve gone thorugh OK without you noticing it. They are all recurring, yes; and you cancel them from within your PayPal account.

Remove ads