survey

Dragongirl

First Post
Canis said:
The e-mail on mine had content (looked like a coded survey result), but I got a "User Unknown" return on the e-mail.

hmmm odd, I have Hotmail blocked for all the spam from it, so don't know if it bounced back to me.

There's as much mythology as history, if not more so. But it's mostly disguised Norse/Germano/Anglo/Celtic mytho-folklore. Not to mention the heavy helping of Judeo-Christian mytho-philosophy.

A lot like D&D :D

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
i must say, i aced the one section on norse mythos based on a many years (as a younger man) of reading THOR. now, if they only made a babylonian superhero comic....

Drawmack

First Post
It is opening the mail window because your form action is mailto I suggest you find someone with a little web savy to do up a cgi script for you, that can also aid in compiling the results as well.

Drkfathr1

First Post
Bounced back to me too. :(

I had the same problem with Chinese and Japanese myths. You might want to consider adding some questions on Egyptian or Central/South American myths too.

I also have to admit I haven't gained much of my knowledge from video games either...I'm somewhat of a student of mythology/theology.

Last edited:

tarchon

First Post
An entry for frequency between never and 1-2 times a week might be a good idea. I play video games maybe once a year.

I suspect some of my answers will keep him looking for a while, though I had to fall back on "Gojira" for my last Japanese character. I wonder if he counts?

Balgus

First Post
yeah... I filled it out- found out that i had a greater knowledge of norse and greek myth than asian ones... sad- cause I am Vietnamese.

When I hit the send email button- it blnaked out all the fields. don't know why that was... hope you got my info.

Good luck on your paper.

edit: I think this survey would hurt you more than help you- if you are looking for support information for the claim "Video games help preserve knowledge of mythology". All my knowledge came from books. As a child, I loved to read- and mostly about mythology. Video games- - sorta- but not much.

I am sure that most of the people on these boards were around reading before cool games like FF ever came out. Games with adequate information didnt come out until the mid 80's. Before that, most games were two dimensional, with absolutely no story. Pacman- eat the things and stay away from ghosts...

Last edited:

Remove ads