Survivor Appendix E (5e) Authors- Ursula K. LeGWINS!

Radaceus

Adventurer
LeGuin, Ursula 8
Pratchett, Terry 4

"evil is relative, you cannot smell it or taste it, cannot cut it with your sword, nor hang a sign upon it. Evil depends upon where you are standing pointing your indicting finger" ~Croaker (Black Company, Glen Cook)

:)

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
LeGuin, Ursula 8
Pratchett, Terry 4
Oh my, Sir Terry's still in it! :lol: Can he go all the way?!

kirby-draws-terry-2.jpg

Dioltach

Legend
Absolutely. Still, that ending in The High King...

[sblock]when Eilonwy has to give up her magic at the end, so that she can marry Taran, that made me so mad, and still does.[/sblock]

It gets a bit glossed over compared with what Taran chooses to sacrifice. That said, besides her bauble Eilonwy barely uses any magic throughout the series, and the ease with which she gives it up highlights how she always thought of it more of a burden than a blessing.

By the way, I'm not trying to dispute Eilonwy's strength as a heroine. She's on a par with Princess Leia for being cleverer, faster to react and more sensible to necessity than her male companions. She's probably also at least part of the reason why I'm married to a redhead.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
It gets a bit glossed over compared with what Taran chooses to sacrifice. That said, besides her bauble Eilonwy barely uses any magic throughout the series, and the ease with which she gives it up highlights how she always thought of it more of a burden than a blessing.

That's part of why it's so sad.

[sblock]She never got to fully experience her birthright, after what happened at the Castle of Llyr, and Taran seeing what Morda is capable of doing with the magic that should be hers. And now she would finally get it if she goes to the summer country.[/sblock]
Sad indeed.

Remove ads