• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor: Core Classes There Can Be Only 1.

Olrox17

Hero
Really? People want to live in a world with no magic? What's the point of a friggin' fantasy game without magic?

We need Fighters and Barbarians and Rogues and Paladins and Bards...but no Wizards?

C'mon people!

Bards can use magic! All kind of magic in fact, thanks to magical secrets. And they're full casters to boot. We don't need the wizard to have magic :p

Panartias

First Post
Bard 11
Cleric 10
Druid 13
Fighter 19
Rogue 23
Paladin 18
Wizard 8

Sorry for no colors: Wizard +1, Bard -3
Because I hate to see a Charisma caster chosen over an Int- caster. Heck the Bard can multi-class the old fashioned way, if he wants to live...

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Bard 11
Cleric 10
Druid 13
Fighter 19
Rogue 23
Paladin 15
Wizard 9

Save the wizard!

Paladins have no respect for bounded accuracy.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Bard 11
Cleric 10
Druid 14
Fighter 19
Rogue 23
Paladin 15
Wizard 6

It's not that I don't like Wizards, it's that I don't like Wizards. They're some (admitedly cool) school features and then just a list of spells. No defining features outside of that.

Outside of Schools, Bards do it better.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
It's not that I don't like Wizards, it's that I don't like Wizards. They're some (admitedly cool) school features and then just a list of spells. No defining features outside of that.

Let me see if I can illustrate what you just said in a way you can understand...

"It's not that I don't like Fighters, it's that I don't like Fighters. They're some (admittedly cool) archetype features and then just a list of weapons. No defining features outside of that."

Does that make sense to you in a game of a genre that is supposed to include Swords & Sorcery? Warriors & Wizardry! Heroes & Hexing! Soldiers & Spellbinding! Fighters & ...um... Phylacteries! :D

Take out the core/base arcane caster...and what's the Bard casting exactly? Cleric and Druid spells is all you're left with, buddy. No one kept or taught or even created [!] the systems of arcane spellcasting that the Bard pilfered. No more Intelligence caster? No more arcane spell effects. :p

Think on that...next time you don't want to go hatin' on wizards, but go hatin' on wizards.

<cast> CONJURE VOTES TO SAVE THE WIZARD! </5th level conjuration>

Valador

First Post
I'm using this thread to stereotype people I'm never going to get along with on these forums and making a sh*t list to avoid myself any arguments with them in the future. :)

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Let me see if I can illustrate what you just said in a way you can understand...

"It's not that I don't like Fighters, it's that I don't like Fighters. They're some (admittedly cool) archetype features and then just a list of weapons. No defining features outside of that."

Does that make sense to you in a game of a genre that is supposed to include Swords & Sorcery? Warriors & Wizardry! Heroes & Hexing! Soldiers & Spellbinding! Fighters & ...um... Phylacteries! :D

Take out the core/base arcane caster...and what's the Bard casting exactly? Cleric and Druid spells is all you're left with, buddy. No one kept or taught or even created [!] the systems of arcane spellcasting that the Bard pilfered. No more Intelligence caster? No more arcane spell effects. :p

Think on that...next time you don't want to go hatin' on wizards, but go hatin' on wizards.

<cast> CONJURE VOTES TO SAVE THE WIZARD! </5th level conjuration>

Fighters have Action Surge, and a choice of Manuevers, Spells, or Improved Crit chance. No one else makes as many attacks in a turn as the Fighter either.

The Wizard has school features and then a bunch of spells two classes directly steal from (EK and AT), and that one class can steal from (Bard).

They've nothing to make them unique as a spellcaster the way Fighters do as a weapon swinger.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads