D&D 5E Survivor: Core Classes There Can Be Only 1.

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
Barbarian 19
Bard 21
Cleric 21
Druid 20
Fighter 22
Ranger 16
Rogue 23
Monk 11
Paladin 16
Wizard 18
Sorcerer 11
Warlock 10

i really dig the barbarian but don't care for the ranger. It was a tough choice between knocking the ranger or warlock.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Barbarian 19
Bard 22
Cleric 21
Druid 20
Fighter 18
Ranger 16
Rogue 23
Monk 11
Paladin 16
Wizard 18
Sorcerer 11
Warlock 10

The Fighter disappoints me--it killed the Warlord, but didn't take its stuff. It was hard not to up-vote the Paladin--it's very strong in this edition, and I generally love Paladins, but I just can't forgive WotC for making it a caster class again (nor for making it so essentially any alternative would be an unequivocal step down in power).

Last edited:

Jaelommiss

First Post
Barbarian 16
Bard 22
Cleric 21
Druid 20
Fighter 21
Ranger 16
Rogue 23
Monk 11
Paladin 16
Wizard 19
Sorcerer 11
Warlock 10

I don't like the barbarian. I can't explain what I don't like about it, it just feels wrong. Mechanically it's fine, but I simply can't accept the class. Maybe it's because I hate seeing Int get used as a dump stat.

akr71

Hero
I corrected the previous Rogue number from the previous post in my numbers here. Should have been 22 > 23, not 22 >25. So we should be good to continue.

Oops! My apologies - thanks for correcting my bone-headedness. I did read that, but I'm also battling a head cold and things take a little bit to sink in.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Actually, I made a mistake as well. The Fighter should have gone down three points, not one, so (as of this post, 7:08 PDT) it should be Fighter 18

zingbobco000

Explorer
Barbarian 13
Bard 23
Cleric 21
Druid 20
Fighter 21
Ranger 16
Rogue 23
Monk 12
Paladin 16
Wizard 19
Sorcerer 11
Warlock 10

I view the 5e ranger currently as a weird subclass of the fighter so because of that voting it down. As for bards, I love them, they are what I envisioned them to be, lore-masters of the tome and warlords on the battlefield.

Sacrosanct

Legend
You forgot to change the Stats of the Fighter (see Post 26). :p

This exercise is already shot. The fighter was 22 before ER dropped it to 18. So that's four points. Then the next post put it right back to 21 even though the post didn't raise it.

Expected result when you have people post at the same time.

mellored

Legend
Barbarian 13
Bard 23
Cleric 18
Druid 20
Fighter 19
Ranger 16
Rogue 23
Monk 12
Paladin 16
Wizard 19
Sorcerer 11
Warlock 11

Different mechanics are good.
And the cleric can still mostly be replaced by a sack of healing potions.

Edit: fighter's at 19 yes?

Remove ads