• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SW Sleepy Hollow

almeidafreak

Explorer
Ahoy!

I just watched Sleepy Hollow by Tim Burton for the 10th time, and I think that storyline would give an awesome game. I wanted to adapt it to RPG, and I'm planning on using Savage Worlds for it.

Anyone got suggestions on how to do it, or a better system for it?

My best regards!

almeidafreak

Explorer
Yeah, mechanically-wise I don't think I'll have much problems, specially because SW is a very flexibly ruleset.

My question is more about adapting the storyline!

havard

Adventurer
Savage Worlds would work well for that sort of thing. I did something similar, also inspired by Sleepy Hollows, though it was set in northern England.

-Havard

almeidafreak

Explorer
Yeah, as I intend to adapt the exact storyline from the movie, I expect a lot of roleplay, investigation and so forth.

I do see some tricky points though, since the plot has one main character and the actual game would have at least 4 Ichabods.

Electric Wizard

First Post
If you have more players, I would throw more monsters into the mix so they all have something to do. The Headless Horseman could still be the big boss because he's a good puzzle enemy - there is one specific way to kill him. But during the investigation, there needs to be more monsters to add tension and variety. You could have grunts that require brute force (goblins, skeletons) and sub-bosses (the Wendigo) that require more strategy. Maybe ghosts and monsters across New England are attracted to the Horseman's reign of terror.

almeidafreak

Explorer
Wow, awesome tips EW! Thanks a lot!

I'll start writing it ASAP, and when I get something in hands i'll share with you guys for suggestions and your own use!

Thanks a bunch!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads