SWADE Fantasy Companion

dbm

Savage!
Savage Worlds has been a very incremental game system. Just looking at the publication info on Wikipedia, Explorer Edition was released 16 years ago! The system has been refined since then in my opinion and experience, and the current rules are a really sweet system.

Flash Gordon is an interesting one. It was one of the very last Deluxe-based sets and used as a test bed for a number of rules which subsequently became core in Adventure Edition.

Anthras

Villager
I have been trying to figure out how to integrate FitD style resolution mechanics.
Take a look at this free game, Charge

It’s a generic FitD game that works very similar to BitD. It’s a system toolkit that helps you build your own FitD/Charge game. Instead of burning Stress players build up momentum with successes to then burn when needed. I have not played this but I’ve been really interested in this system for heroic characters instead of the typical dark heroes of FitD

I’ve been messing with a Savage Blades in the Dark hack for a couple years now. The simplest things I came up with was a 4 was a ‘yes but ‘ partial success and an ace was a full success. It’s not a great solution but I think it would probably work.

Regarding the Fantasy Companion, I’ve used it to throw together a real quick Symbaroum one shot that I’d like to go back and refine. With the gritty damage setting rule, and a couple others you get to competent pulpy hero’s who are also in danger frequently and feel that way. B

Remove ads