• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swift Blade and Unseen Seer

Binho

First Post
The prestige class Swiftblade has an ability called swift surge. This ability, at 4th level, grants additional damage of 1d6 if you move at least 10ft.

The prestige class Unseen Seer gives damage bonus to the extra damage of the skirmish ability.

Now the question: If you were the DM, would you let the ability of Unseen Seer upgrade the swift surge ability bonus damage as it was a skirmish attack, since both are mechanically equivalent?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
The prestige class Swiftblade has an ability called swift surge. This ability, at 4th level, grants additional damage of 1d6 if you move at least 10ft.

The prestige class Unseen Seer gives damage bonus to the extra damage of the skirmish ability.

Now the question: If you were the DM, would you let the ability of Unseen Seer upgrade the swift surge ability bonus damage as it was a skirmish attack, since both are mechanically equivalent?
If I was your DM I'd consider it. I'd have you show me what your theoretical build would look like up to 20 to know what that combo could potentially do, but it sounds kosher to me.

xigbar

Explorer

I vaguely recall the Swiftblade's "skirmish" stacking with earlier gained actual skirmish, I don't see why the reverse would not also hold true.

Wyvernhand

First Post
Its not explicitly called Skirmish, so RAW, USS would not advance it since it only advances Skirmish, Sudden Strike, or Sneak Attack.

Its not a bad house rule, though. Its Skirmish in all respects but name.

Binho

First Post
This is the build. I got messed up with the skills requirements...
1:human paragon 1-dodge, able learner
2:combat wizard 1-mobility
3:human paragon 2- free feat or (cooperative magic)
4:human paragon 3
5:wizard 2
6:SOME PRESTIGE CLASS OF WIZARD- I'm thinkng of mage of arcane order - free feat
7:Swiftblade 1
8:Swiftblade 2
9:Swiftblade 3 - free feat
10:Swiftblade 4
11:Swiftblade 5
12:Unseen Seer 1 - free feat
13:Unseen Seer 2
14:Unseen Seer 3
15:Unseen Seer 4 - free feat
16:Unseen Seer 5
17:Unseen Seer 6
18:Unseen Seer 7 - free feat
19:Unseen Seer 8 - if i pick MoAO, this should be MoAO2
20:Swiftblade 6

At lv20: BAB+15; NC19, "skirmish" +4d6
This build would focus on spells of movement, illusion and gather information.
Not particularly strong, but I hope it will be fun. Any advices for a fast skillful wizard build???

Last edited:

Remove ads