• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swift hunter / ...monk?

What would you go with?

• Build 1(elf)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Build 2(human)

Votes: 4 36.4%

berry3x

First Post
The main reason for me to pick elf over human is pretty strait forward. The wood elf has favored class: Ranger, so exp penalties are not an issue. You get +2 on many skills that you will be needing as the trap finder and scout. Low-light vision. The race just seems to fit the "feel" of the character. The -2 int is kind of a pain but I think I can look past it since I will have plenty of skill points from my first lvl being scout. As far as the bonus feat I would get from being human... scout 1 has a BAB of +0. That takes away many of the feats I would want to pick at first lvl for the build with the possible exception of able learner. I am just glad I finnaly got that Swift hunter/monk hybrid out of that part of my brain that naggs at me while I am trying to sleep.

Nedz

First Post
I voted for the elf too - though that was really a vote against the Monk. The monk build has slightly more versitility but it will be poor in melle.
2-3 levels of Rogue might be better for the skill points, the sneak damage and evasion.

Remove ads