• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword and Sorcery Saga v. 1.02 and NEW Adventure Conversion!

The_Gneech

Explorer
damiller said:
I have only given it a quickly look, but THANK YOU very much for the time you have spent on this. I was going to start a Conan campaign, but could not bring myself to learn all those rules (of the Conan game). Now I have a SAGA conversion that will do the job BETTER.

THANKS A MILLION.

(Oh, and if you would like any art work for further updates, if you have any planned, I will gladly do them, as my way of saying thanks. Just pm me.)

d :D

You're welcome! :)

re: art, please e-mail me at thegneech (at) gmail.com, I'd love to see what you've got. Thanks!

-The Gneech :cool:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Gneech, If you've constructed any of that DM suppliment materials yet perhaps you could email it to me

darwin (at) daropedia (dot) info

The_Gneech

Explorer
I haven't yet, but as my first scenario includes some undead, I'll probably be putting together info on that at least in the next couple of weeks. I expect they'll be very similar to the homunculus/construct class, except with a d12 hit die, no increasing size characteristic, and intelligent undead (i.e., Int 3 or higher) able to multiclass into heroic classes. Skeletal undead will probably also have DR of 1/2 their level (minimum 1) vs. slashing and piercing.

Acid_crash

First Post
This is actually pretty cool, great job. With 4e coming out next may, I think I will run this game that you have created and when 4e comes out, have a comet blow into the world I will run in and have it change how the world works and convert the game to 4e...

I really like what you have written here. Pat yourself on the back a few times and feel good, and if you have any updates please pass them along.

When I do get a group together and we do run a game using these rules, do you want us to tell you what we did and how things went?

The_Gneech

Explorer
Acid_crash said:
This is actually pretty cool, great job. With 4e coming out next may, I think I will run this game that you have created and when 4e comes out, have a comet blow into the world I will run in and have it change how the world works and convert the game to 4e...

I really like what you have written here. Pat yourself on the back a few times and feel good, and if you have any updates please pass them along.

When I do get a group together and we do run a game using these rules, do you want us to tell you what we did and how things went?

Yes, I'd love to hear! Thanks much!

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Looks very cool from what I've seen so far!

One question, though: at a glance, barbarians, horse lords and sea people all look to be rather screwed over on the stat mods, whereas high men and easterlings get a big edge. High men don't get many other benefits (common men actually look like a bit more attractive choice at first glance), but Easterlings look like they have a HUGE advantage over other characters - bennies for both martial and magical characters, favorable stat mods, a penalty to a stat that's less important in Saga than in any other d20 game, and bonuses to three very common skills?

Admittedly, Saga doesn't seem to have worried all that much about race balance, either, so perhaps it's a small enough issue to just skip over; I just wanted to ask where you were coming from with these stat mods.

Remove ads