• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sword Implement

Mercury

First Post
A player in a campaign I run plays a ranger who has multiclassed into wizard and would like to enchant his off-hand longsword to be an implement. He offered up the following enchantment:

Eladrin Spell Sword
Eladrins forge these blades from the ancient teachings of the Spiral Tower to combine the arts of swordplay and magic.
Lvl 2 + 1 520 gp Lvl 17 +4 65,000 gp
Lvl 7 + 2 2,600 gp Lvl 22 +5 325,000 gp
Lvl 12 + 3 13,000 gp Lvl 27 +6 1,625,000 gp
Weapon: Longsword
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damager per plus
Property: If you are an eladrin, this longsword functions as a wizard's implement for you. You do not add the weapon's proficiency bonus or any implement mastery effects unless you can otherwise use a longsword as an implement.

Would you allow this in your games? I feel forcing it to be Eladrin only is somewhat restrictive.

Any thoughts?

Siberys

Adventurer
It shouldn't be unbalancing to allow it for non-Eladrin, though it does kinda step on the WotST PP.

I made a feat to allow this sorta thing;

Weapon Implement
Tier: Heroic
Prerequisites: Proficient with weapon, Implement class feature.
Benefit: Choose a weapon with which you are proficient. You may use that weapon as an implement. If it is magical, you add its enhancement bonus and critical effect to your power, as though it were an enchanted implement. When using a weapon as an implement, you do not add its proficiency bonus to attack rolls.
Wizards with this feat may replace their existing Implement Mastery with the following Implement Mastery.

Weapon of Power: Once per encounter, as a free action, you gain a bonus to a single damage roll equal to twice your Strength modifier. You can declare the bonus after the attack roll or after the damage roll. You must wield your weapon implement to benefit from this feature.

Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take this feat, choose a new weapon with which you are proficient.

Last edited:

Remove ads