• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

sword mage question !

Eldorian

First Post
As I said, it's impossible to rule 'This is rules as intended' when, in fact, those whose intent determines the rules have said 'You can switch as a free action and get your +3 bonus.'

You -do- know the FAQ is the result of the developers' decisions, right? If you do, then whose 'intentions' do you mean by 'Rules as Intended'?

Show me where in the FAQ it states that swordmages with a one handed versitile weapon should get a +1 to damage while maintaining the +3 shielding bonus.

The only entry that is being quoted here states that it's a free action to change how you wield a weapon. The FAQ does not mention the swordmage class. It is rules as intended to be able to switch how you wield a weapon as a free action. I do not believe that it is rules as intended to allow the sword mage to gain the benefit of wielding a weapon in two hands while retaining the benefit of wielding a weapon in one only. This smacks of exploitation of the rules.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads