• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

"I am Adrian Graves, standard bearer of Her Majesty, Queen Galfrey. It is unfortunate we arrived late on this party. But the chapel of Iomedae deserves better than to be desecrated. Any small good we can do counts against the demons. And as your...pet? servant? what is it?" after noticeable pause Adrian continues "...fighting companion said, there may be more of them around. Ghouls have bad habit of making more of themselves. Especially powerful ones."

He looks around, taking off the worst of decorations down.
"I am searching for special church bells - those protecting against these kind of infestation. As I said the guard down on the plains, if you want to read me, feel free. I will not resist, I have nothing to hide. By the Song of Spheres, I am here to help. And unwittingly, I also bear some power of the broken seals."

Shayuri

First Post
"Vakeva, hell of a shot there," Thorn said with an approving nod. Not that she hadn't been looking forward to ripping it up herself, but any demon kill was a good one.

The newcomers she eyes with customary wariness. "Seems like we've bumped into more demon-hunters since entering the Wound than we did in the city. Well, we could use the help."

She starts circling the altar, looking for scraped stone, or catches or concealed doors that might provide a clue as to how this thing opens up, or moves.

Perception [roll0]

Adrian helps Thorn by moving desecrated decorations and cleaning up around the altar. He keeps close to Thorn, enjoying the quiet competence of the girl (woman?). With Desna singing to him and Iomedae power burning inside, his love for the queen whirlwind of conflicting emotions, he finds that womenfolk who break the mold attract him more than before. But blue eyes remain always at the forefront.

"I didn't catch your name, lady." he asks quietly as they search.

[roll0]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Cometh, cometh. Search livelier. Or later."
Kobold comes around the pile if things.

[roll0] didn't check the modifiers, enough for another aid another

Scotley

Hero
As suspected, a cache of healing magic has lain undiscovered under this chapel's altar. The secret to moving the altar aside is very cunningly hidden
but Sosiel's tip about the treasure's location gave you enough of a clue. That and working together revealed it. The stash is in a sizable hollow space below the altar and is lined with lead to prevent the magical aura of the potions from shining through. This is a worthy treasure indeed. In all, there are dozens of cure light wound potions stored in here-enough to outfit the army. It might be possible to load up and head back down the stairs, but you've only covered a small portion of the old shrine and there are likely more evil forces lurking deeper within.

OOC: Take the prize or see what's behind door number 1?

[sblock=Crunchy Bits]Equiping your army with this stash of potions grants them the healing potions resource (Ultimate Campaign 241). There are enough potions here to allow the army 3 uses of the resource before it is depleted. A significant power up in coming battles. [/sblock]

Neurotic

"Th're is some equipment in the building next to this. Th're art some weapons yond may beest useful 'gainst the demons." Viridian pipes in. "We shouldst leaveth things h're and crisp up the monst'rs."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn nods at Adrian once the altar's been moved aside, acknowledging his aid.

"Thorn. Good meeting you."

She looks deeper into the temple, then says, "I figure we should get this stuff to the army first. This place isn't going anywhere. Once the supplies are being distributed by the men, we can come back and dig deeper."

Neurotic

Viridian looks at Thorn, hopping on the altar to look at her at equal height.
"Yond ghoul did runneth toward these doors for a reason. Haply 't wast self-preservation, but thither may beest moo of those folk. We commited to the attack, we don't giveth enemies time to fortify or prepare."

[sblock=English]
That ghoul ran toward these doors for a reason. Maybe it was self-preservation, but there may be more of them. We commited to the attack, we don't give enemies time to fortify or prepare.
[/sblock]

OOC: IF we go back down, Viridian picked up this from the building he explored earlier:
Most of the weapons are broken beyond repair, but a few still remain serviceable, including
* a masterwork battleaxe,
* a +1 long sword,
* three cold iron daggers, and
* a +I cold iron longspear. All but one are sized for medium creatures.

One of the cold iron daggers is small.

"I have magical bag that can easily hold everything except that spear. And having climbed those stairs once, I would prefer to do everything we have to do here before repeating the experience. And this poor chapel is dying for renovation. Onward for The Queen!" new guy points his own longspear toward the door, two pennons hanging limply in still air.

He moves toward the door and turns waiting to see what the group does.

OOC:
As far as I can see, you didn't use almost any resources. We're on time critical mission and losing even hours coming back and forth and for no special reason against small risk of our army getting attacked while we're here. In which case Sir Sheldon (NPC) would lead them, they just wouldn't have healing resource.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads