Sword & Sorcery Studios to publish Warcraft D20

Voneth

First Post
World fo Warcraft?

I plan to play. There is just something about the epic game play, the slightly cartoonish look and the attitude that makes the game world a fun place to romp around in "beer and Pretzels" style.

haiiro

First Post
I got really excited about the Everquest RPG, picked it up at GenCon 2002 after perusing it briefly...and felt like an idiot when I sat down to read it and found it to be terrible. ;)

If the Warcraft RPG is much, much better than the EQ RPG, it might be pretty interesting.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Nice work, Hardhead! You managed to do a good job with these. I read all of them.

On a seperate note, the Warcraft RPG will definately need to have different rules for casting spells than traditional D&D, since the Warcraft universe uses a Mana system instead of preparing spells at the beginning of the day.

Impeesa

Explorer
Oh hell yeah. I've been inquiring/complaining about this periodically since... about this time last year, and it's good to see some solid information on it finally. The best part is, a bit of reading between the lines seems to imply that it's a real, official campaign setting, and not just a one-off supplement. Something along the lines of the FRCS, with some real meat to it. And with additional setting/cultural information, something I've wanted for a long time - the Warcraft universe is very rich and detailed, but little is revealed to the player when it doesn't relate to the story. The nice art book that came with the collector's edition had some good tidbits, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of this in the D&D book. :) Plus, dwarves with guns. :D

--Impeesa--

Phaedyme

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
Nice work, Hardhead! You managed to do a good job with these. I read all of them.

On a seperate note, the Warcraft RPG will definately need to have different rules for casting spells than traditional D&D, since the Warcraft universe uses a Mana system instead of preparing spells at the beginning of the day.

That's really a matter of whether you want to recreate the experience of playing the computer game, or to create an RPG setting out of Warcraft.

That is, I wouldn't make too many assumptions about how the magic system will or will not work.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Phaedyme said:

That's really a matter of whether you want to recreate the experience of playing the computer game, or to create an RPG setting out of Warcraft.

That is, I wouldn't make too many assumptions about how the magic system will or will not work.

It's more than just the games, though. There's also the Warcraft novels, where mages don't prepare their spells in advance, and Orc Shamans actually gain their magic through communicating with the elemental spirits of nature.

Remove ads