SWSE/Scum & Villany I: The Hutt's Offer (Closed)

knightemplar

Explorer
The game has been closed. Thanks for your interest.

Currently we have a Human Jedi, Human Noble, and a Feeorin Soldier. If you have a concept you would like to play, go ahead and post.

Game in Progress: IC

I am thinking of running a SWSE game with an emphasis on the scoundrel's and rogues out there. I am looking for 3 to 5 players that would be interested in following this type of story line. Any character is welcome to join, but the starting plot lines deal with working for the Hutts. The plot lines will change with character interaction and dealing with NPCs.

Currently I am also running the Star Trek: Ascendant game here.

This game will run slow, as I have a full time job and college courses I am currently taking. I am pushing for a turn a week, but some times that will slip. I will answer questions on the OOC thread as soon as I see them. I do like trying to keep all the characters engaged in the story.

Time Period: 4 years Before the Battle of Yavin. Imperial forces patrol the space lanes. The rebellion is not very viable currently due to internal politics.

Starting Location: Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Character Creation:

All characters will use the Planned Generation scheme from the Main Core on page 18. The characters will have 25 points to use to increase their ability scores.

Books: I have all of the books, please consult with me before using anything from the Jedi Academy and the Force Unleashed books.

Races: Characters can select race as they want. The more esoteric the race, the more problems it might cause for the character in NPC interactions. The Scavenger's Guide to Droids can also be used.

Classes: All classes are open, but Jedi-based characters will have additional hardships such as no master to train them. Jedi and Sith prestige classes are closed.

Feats: Most feats are open.

Destiny Points will not be used, we will be using Backgrounds from the Rebellion book.

Organization rules will be used.

Skill challenges rules will be used from Galaxy of Intrigue.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
KT; I just saw this. I normally watch the new games thread for announcements so I did not see this until today.

I play in one SWSE game already (possum's DoD), but I am interested in playing another. I too am busy with several games, but I can work in another that plans on only being updated once per week.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hehee... Now this is a game system I do know and like :D I had a character idea for that game that perrin refers to but there were so many players interested that I dropped out. It could be easily fitted to this sort of thing too. Here's the original idea:
A young Feeorin Merc/Pirate who has just been released from prison. He sat the last 1½ years for being a "separatist symphatiser". Which he wasn't until thrown into jail, but he was captured on a pirate ship raiding a republic transport. Now he is quite pissed towards the new "empire" and especially the cloned stormtroopers, ready to take any opportunity to cause them trouble.
Now since the timeline is a bit different, I need to make some adjustments. Maybe no need for hatred towards the empire and such.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
BR; That game is going strong. We just reached level 2 this week. :)

Having just found the thread an hour ago, so no clear ideas on a character yet. Since jedis are all in hiding or dead, how about a Jedi class character (but never been a padawan, maybe self-taught) that has been piloting on smuggling runs keeping his Force skills secret. He would be more neutral, between the light and the dark sides of the force. No ideas on race yet, but non-human might make more sense.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I think I may be interested. I'd like to play a human or twi'lek noble, someone born with status but with a bad streak. Perhaps a member of one of the favored families of the Hutts struck by wanderlust.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
So we have 3 interested people, that's a minimum. Before I put a pencil to paper on character generation, I would like some clarification on the Jedi training hardships. Specifically what's going to be allowed via self taught. I will look at other Force Users too.

Also, rather than creating characters willy nilly, how about getting a better idea of the concepts we should cover working for the Hutts.

knightemplar

Explorer
perrinmiller: If you want to be about late 20-early 30 you could be a 'youngling' or padawan that escaped Order 66. If you would like to be older you can be up to the rank title of a jedi knight.

The hardships are as such:

If your carrying a lightsaber and it is found. For the imperial forces, it is an immediate death sentence or an inquisitor is called to break you. For the fringe forces, it will be a race to see who can turn you in for the rather large bounty on the jedi. You have to be extremely careful about using your powers. It is also up to you whether or not you would like to tell your shipmates.

A good example is the Dark Times comic series by Dark Horse. The jedi knight no longer truly follows the jedi path of peace, but one in his eyes where he is trying to do good. But the path is very subjective.

There will be no master for training. No jedi council exists in this time frame, just Darth Vader and the Inquisitors trying to hunt you down. There will be no real mechanical benefit against it. Just remember that they can Sense Force as well as you can. You might want to look into Force Stealth power.

If you do decide on running a jedi, please no powers such as precognition or telepathy that can ruin plot lines. I would like only one jedi in the game. I do not have anything against having force sensitive on a regular character though, as long as they do not pursue the jedi path.

Blackrat: That is fine. Since you are in the Ascendant game, you have a good idea of how I run the games. What about recently released/escaped from Kessel. You can keep the attitude towards the imperials.

Airwalkrr: Noble and smuggler are a good mix of classes. I have played one myself. I wound up taking a Tapani noble myself, and having her step-mother go after her to supplement her child as the head of the household. She wound up as a smuggler to hide from the bounty hunters her step mother hired to go after her.

Story: I am probably not going too dark. First game has you working for a Hutt, doing a personal mission. Later on, if we decide to continue could lead to working for the Hutts further or the Black Sun. You will do a little bit of smuggling. I am not going into slaving, but maybe some spice running.

The pilot will start with a ship free and clear, won during a sabacc game. The vessel was called the "Trump Kardde", and used to be the property of Talon Kardde. This is way before he founded the smuggler's alliance. But may become a contact later for future work.

The ship is a light transport. Up to the pilot on which type, like a YT-1300, Ghtroc 720 (SotG), YT-1250 (S&V), or a Dynamic-class (Ebon Hawk out of KOTOR, SotG).It has had some upgrades done to it such as a hidden smuggling compartment. The pilot can rename the ship to whatever he wants.

I will be introducing a mechanic on Nar Shadda that can do modifications and upgrades to the ship. There will also be a npc introduced that can become a contact within the Bounty Hunter's Guild, if a character would like to pursue that option.

I will allow one droid follower such as a 3PO or R1-R4 unit as equipment. Some of the upgrades from Scavenger's Guide can be added within reason.

Suggestions: Things I do recommend is at least one person understanding Huttese. I would suggest Shyriwook, but this is not absolutely necessary. I do suggest one person taking Treat Injury as a skill.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I can not hold back posting in here any longer. Believe me I have tried LOL (just don't know if I have time for another game and I don't have any books).

My experience with the system is limited to KOTOR and KOTORII. And I know d20 in and out. But if you will have me I'm thinking of at least picking up the SWSE book I always page through it at Border's maybe I can get a cheap on from Amazon.

Ok what clinched it for me was needing someone to Treat Injury, I'm your man (or in this case I would say droid) ;). Let me see if I got this group down so far.

perrinmiller - self taught jedi - melee combatant
Black Rat - pirate - so our pilot??
airwalkrr - noble smuggler - face man??

If I were to take an assassin droid (or bounty hunter droid) with a quirk for disecting things (learns all about the inside so he knows where to strike) and a liking for some big hardware do you think I could get in?

HM

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I was thinking Jedi class, but not actually a member of the Order (thus self-taught). That would be Jedi as in Force User that inherited a light saber somehow maybe. But I am also going to delve into the books at the other traditions. I still haven't looked at races yet.

For skills that are for the group (i.e. Piloting, Mechanics, etc...) I was actually thinking Pilot for the Jedi, thus the reason for being involved in smuggling or whatever. Maybe he is partners with the pirate. He is the pilot and provided some of the stake for the Sabacc game that the pirate won. The pirate is the navigator and gunner? Just an idea.

I like the droid being the medic. I was going to suggest our equipment droid be multi-purposed with that mind before HM chimed in.

Remove ads