[SWSE] Strike hard for the Adamant! (re-recruiting)

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hi there,

This is an all-call for filler players for a scenario that has myself (GM) and one player. The group was doing fine, but two players had major RL stuff come up over the holidays (let's face it, not the easiest time for anyone), and I assume the same for the others.

I need: three or four people to take on the other characters until we can get to a point where you can make your own PC.

We're a group of Republic Special Ops. You do jobs no one else can. Right now we've infiltrated a Ray-shielded city taken over by the Droid Army. We need the Heroes to rescue some helpers, take down the Ray shields, and fire on the Droid Cruisers using an Ion Cannon. This while not getting killed by the army of droids that took over the city, or the Sith Assassin reportedly helping the Separatist general.

You've just rescued some Clone Troopers, who will be following your group.

You've also just rescued a heavily injured alien pilot/scoundrel, imprisoned with them. He's whispering his last words as we speak, and may have information regarding a now-up-for-dibs transport ship...

5th level. We're missing a Jedi, and a Droid named Z3r0

Once we finish this mission (not too long now) you'll make up your own character as you like them; or you can keep going with this one and make it your own.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, I can try to fill in for the Jedi, but once the Christmas break hits I will be on hiatus from 21 Dec until 4 Jan.

Are you looking for immediate fill-in and posting only?

fireinthedust

Explorer
regular posting and participation. I want to finish the scenario and see how the group is doing, but it'll just be a regular group of player-characters.

The group is brand new, so you're not really walking into a pre-existing social group or well-understood group dynamic.

We had some exposition posts on board the ship, then the mission started: you've landed, looked around to meet your contact, swum through uneventful sewer water into the city; then found the house where the clones were held, snuck in, beat up the droids, and freed the clones. That's it; not much, plot-wise.

I'll see if I can find the stats for this fellow; otherwise, if you could make up a 5th level Jedi with emphasis on lightsabre techniques would be great. I asked Jedi to not be force-wizards, and more like the Jedi in Clone Wars or the original movies: fight with lightsabres, pick up objects, talk about the force, etc.

fireinthedust

Explorer
regular posting and participation. I want to finish the scenario and see how the group is doing, but it'll just be a regular group of player-characters.

The group is brand new, so you're not really walking into a pre-existing social group or well-understood group dynamic.

We had some exposition posts on board the ship, then the mission started: you've landed, looked around to meet your contact, swum through uneventful sewer water into the city; then found the house where the clones were held, snuck in, beat up the droids, and freed the clones. That's it; not much, plot-wise.

I'll see if I can find the stats for this fellow; otherwise, if you could make up a 5th level Jedi with emphasis on lightsabre techniques would be great. I asked Jedi to not be force-wizards, and more like the Jedi in Clone Wars or the original movies: fight with lightsabres, pick up objects, talk about the force, etc.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, sounds great. Someone recommended that I try to play with you so I expect we can get along well. :)

I am excited about playing a saber-wielding Jedi. I can make up one if necessary, but it will take some time (something in short supply before I leave on family vacation).

EDIT: I found the IC thread, but no OOC thread. You have an RG thread?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Fireinthedust;

Here is the situation with Padreigh: http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/297926-my-gms.html

I assume I have volunteered to take over Insight's Jedi Guardian. I have an RCR version that is 5th level that I can convert to SE rules.

What is the ability point buy-in and starting money for requisitioning gear. Starting as part of the Grand Army, is there a bonus Skill or Feat for that? I think I read that somewhere, but not sure exactly.

Anyway, I have the basic character written down as far as personality and such. I need to work out the exact mechanics to convert skills, feats and powers to what I want for this version.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Here's the Jedi duelist (revamped).

Akira2-small.jpg

Sonja Kuurzon

Did you guys decide to combine Block and Deflect into one Talent? If so, I got another one coming.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Heya, sorry about the delay: forgot to subscribe to this thread!

I'll start up the RG after I write this.

Character Creation: I got the group to use just the Core book. After this scenario, I'll allow for sourcebooks, and maybe even re-dos to sub in certain talents or feats; the group will be level-hopping, so now we're 5th but next time we'll be 7th or 8th, and years down the road.

rb780nm: Yeah, go for it! Use the stats of grufflehead if you're in a hurry. Feel free to re-make them; or next scenario you can make up an entirely different character (as you and perrinmiller are starting with subs)

I'll introduce you two into the game immediately, if you like. Read the thread and try to just slip in.

Remove ads