[SWSE] Strike hard for the Adamant!

fireinthedust

Explorer

STAR WARS
SEASON 1

STRIKE HARD FOR THE ADAMANT

THE CLONE WARS SCAR URMAS, a planet in the Middle Rim near the E'n sector. A legion of Droid Army troops have entrenched themselves on the surface of the world, hiding behind an impenetrable force shield over the ruins of the capital city, while surrounding the planet with an armada of Separatist ships. Try as they might, the Grand Army of the Republic has been unable to break through their lines, and are blocked from helping a world loyal to the Senate.

The leader of the Separatist Army, the Yuzzam General Faknam Gi, is well known as a brutal tactician with a hatred for humans. Now the Republic is desperate to win back the planet before the human colonists there are wiped out by the alien's aggression. Should the Separatist blockade of the planet remain, this important supply line will also threaten Republic operations throughout the Mid and Outer Rim, jeopardizing the entire war.

Impossible tasks beyond ordinary troops require extraordinary measures, to transform disaster into victory. Jedi Masters Dakmar Uv and Ram Kota have recruited a cadre of secret operatives aboard the star cruiser Adamant, special agents with unique skills and extraordinary abilities into a squad capable of the impossible.

The Adamant strategic briefing room is large enough for an entire battalion, built like a colloseum with a massive steps to be sat upon by officers and troops learning the plans for a battle. A large holo-projector has shown the planet Urmas, and the shielded capital city with locations bolded in yellow. Beside the projector stand the two Jedi Masters, Dakmar Uv and Ram Kota. Kota was there to advise Dakmar, as the two groups were meant to join forces in the battle to come: Uv and the Adamant's clone troops, and Kota's gathering of non-clone military. His dislike of clones is well known, representing a popular sentiment of suspicion regarding so-called disposable people responsible for the safety of the galaxy.

The others in the room are a collection of the cruiser's Admirals, and a motley crew of elite soldiers, jedi and others intended to be part of this new elite squadron the generals have decided to create. As Master Uv noted, not even the Republic or the Senate would have any knowledge of their activities or abilities, and they would answer directly to these two Jedi Masters, and select members of the Jedi Counsel and Military command. Black Ops, unconventional agents, the kind no one interested in a safe career wants to even know about, all in the interests of the Republic.

Ram Kota had taken the group through the basic mission: the Droids had taken the planet with a massive assault, coming seemingly out of nowhere. There was little resistance before the shield had gone up, taking over the city and capturing all Republic troops at the same time. This was likely a set-up operation, with Separatist agents building the shield generator long before the ships arrived, and sabotaging the clone barracks on the planet.

The mission was simple: while the cruisers and starfighters directly fought the droid ships, the Black Ops crew would land on the planet and make their way to a sewage tunnel leading under the ray shield. Once inside the city, they would get to the barracks and free the Clone troopers being held there (Clone Squad name Arrow Squad). Once freed, lead the clones to the shield generator, take it out. Then get to the Separatist base, where an Ion Cannon exists, and target the Droid Cruisers in orbit. If successful, they'll disable the opposition and allow clone troops to descend in force upon the remaining enemy. If possible, take care of Faknam Gi and his body guard, someone the Republic knows little about but managed to make the entire operation possible. If alive, that's fine, but the threat must be neutralized.

Ram Kota grimaces as the lights come on. You have your orders. When you get to the sewage entrance you'll meet our Urmian operative, a woman named Anya. She'll provide a map of the capital city, and lead you to our troops and the Separatist base. They've asked us to keep an eye out for members of the Urmian royal family, who may or may not be in the hands of the Separatists.

Now, any questions? Introduce yourselves, and get familiar with each others abilities. You'll be depending on each other for this mission, so start now. We don't have much time.

Last edited:

Rainmar

First Post
Khor has nervously shifted on his seat. Not only his nerves were racing but also his official uniform limited his movements to such extent that he felt like being in a cage. He really had no idea how officers could walk in them all day long.
He looked thru window and saw blinking stars...and his dim reflection. He was sad that he had to wash off his tribal markings...as they said no 'extravaganza' in service. Now his facial details were less visible, his gray skin absorbing light easily.
After the Commander has finished speaking, Khor has cast a look around him. Everyone was silent, looking at Commander, yet no one have speaked a word.

Khor has stood up, straightened his uniform and saluted to Commander. "Khor Naruk, Scout, service number AGN-7884FJ9. Sir, I have a question regarding our information gathering. During this mission, will we have contact with Command and thus allowed a live fed of satellite maps and such? Or we have to keep radio silence? In latter case, I would ask of being given access to most up to date maps of city, severs, vicinity of our landing zone and terrain we will have to cross on our way to city's sewers.I would need them to safelly lead team and perhaps out-manuveur possible threats on our way to not waste time on random encounters."

Khor stands still, waiting for reply from Commander.

grufflehead

First Post
After the young soldier's question to Ram Kota, a battered looking protocol droid which had been standing close to the edge of the hangar straightened and stiffly walked closer. It looked like a standard 3PO unit that had seen better days, with its exterior showing signs of wear and frequent patching.

Its vocabulator crackled into life as it said to Ram Kota 'the young Master is correct, sir: the latest maps of the area would be of great benefit in this endeavour'. Turning to the young Zebrak, it gestured with its right arm and said in a pleading tone 'oh I do hope you'll be able to find a suitable path through the sewers, Master Naruk? Human waste has an awfully bad affect on my servos'.

Its head swivelled back to Ram Kota, waiting for his answer, then rotated allowing it to observe the rest of the group. 'Oh I do beg your pardon', it continued. 'I am Z3R0 and I have been assigned to assist you in this mission'.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Jedi Master Ram Kota nods; those who can sense emotions can tell he likes the cut of the jib of anyone with practical concerns for a mission; however, his facial expression is stern, military as well as Jedi. He is human, and scarred by the battles he's seen in his time. Stern, strong and silent when not barking orders in battle, he is the image of the veteran commander.

Of course. Your team will not have access to command information until that Ray Shield goes down. However, you will have maps of the city as close to accurate as we have. I cannot guarantee the Separatists have not changed the layout of the city with their munitions or building projects since landing there. As you will see on the maps, the location of the sewer entrance is clearly marked out. Our operative will guide you through the city, but your skills will be required to avoid patrols.

During the entire operation, mind you, this command vessel will be in heavy combat with the Separatist Cruisers. Also the nature of this crew is Black Ops, which means off the record as much as possible. Keep communications to a minimum. When you find the clone soldiers that have been captured, radio to us as if you were clone troops. Even our own clone troops should not know who you are. Should we succeed, they will be taking credit for your success.

possum

First Post
A man with a face similar to millions of others in the Grand Army of the Republic stands against the wall, listening silently as the Jedi commander explains the mission. His training sergeant back on Kamino never had much nice to say about Jedi, blabbering on in that odd native language of his about how they were everything wrong in the galaxy. They didn't seem that bad in person, though, he thinks.

He wears the standard clone armor seen throughout all of the theaters of the war, save for green stripes and markings on his arms and helmet, signifying his rank as a sergeant in the Advanced Recon Commandos, ARC Troopers as the media called them.

"Alpha-45, reporting in," he finally speaks after hearing the mission details. "If any of you would rather prefer to call me by my name instead of designation," he adds, "call me 'Chase.' General Kota, how will know our contact when we see her? I doubt there'll be any other Urmian women hanging out by a sewer entrance, but you never know."

fireinthedust

Explorer
The corner of Ram Kota's mouth quirks ever so slightly as the *clone* speaks to him, and he looks to Master Uv to answer the question.

Your... contact will be a woman named Lumi Natine, and will contact your communicators before appearing. She'll be wearing the uniform of the Urmian military scout units. You'll know her.

She was looking to gather aid from elsewhere on the planet, and may have help. If so, that may aid our chances.

As far as we know the Separatists are almost entirely robotic on this mission: the droid army is easier to mass produce on a whim. There is one exception we anticipate: Faknam Gi's bodyguard. We have no reports of who this is, but the general has a highly skilled assistant working with him as an assassin. Our fear is that this could be one of Count Dooku's agents, possibly the dark side assassin known as Asajj Ventris, or someone like her, a force-user that traitor has trained in the dark side of the force. On the planet was a Jedi Knight named Kar Vaga, who has not reported in and we cannot locate him through the force. If this bodyguard is there, he or she almost certainly was brought along to kill Jedi. Be extremely cautious.

Having said his piece, the Jedi Master gives a look wondering if there are any more questions. (?)

[sblock=ooc] We need one more person here. Insight, I believe? I hope we can get another.[/sblock]

Padreigh

First Post
A blond young padawan had leaned against the wall and kept silent so far. He was quite tall but lanky and a small scar ran across his left cheek. His robes were clean but patched and his padawan's haircut look a bit dishelved, but still within regulations.

"Gareth Farstrider, Padawan of Master Telwan Gax. Master Kota, is there any codeword or something with which to identify ourselves when we meet our contact? After all, we could be imposters who managed to get a hand on the communicators or maybe something down there might jam communications."

He smirks. "We are going to be a very recognizable group, but still ... never hurts to have a way to identify oneself. I'd also suggest that any members of the order taking part should get rid of the robes and the haircuts and into some gear suitable for Mercs. Might give us an advantage should we run into Seps if they don't recoginze us as Jedi at once."

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Reith Oloor, who had been silently in meditation, stirs. His eyes open and he watches the room. Short, silent breaths. He measured each of his companions and the Jedi masters. His senses expanded to the entirety of the coliseum-shaped chamber, then to the whole of the battle cruiser itself. No enemies detected.

Oloor stands. "I have no questions, masters. All will be revealed through the Force."

The Jedi looks to Gareth. "I do not disguise what I am. Woe be to those who defy me." He turns to the Jedi masters. "If there is an assassin trained in the Dark Side, I will sense him and that will be my target."

Padreigh

First Post
Gareth just shakes his head at Reith's words.

"Way too overconfident. Relying too much on the Force is a weakness.", he grumbles almost inaudibly.

OOC:[sblock] For those familiar with the order, this is a verbatim qoute of one of Gareth's master's favourite sayings. :) [/sblock]

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Master Uv nods. Wise words Master Gax is fond of saying, though let us hope the Force will be with us all during this mission. However you feel you should dress is up to you, though on some missions it will be important to wear disguises. Jedi in this Black Ops group will not be bound by the strictures to traditional dress. Luckily many cultures wear our cloaks and simple clothing, as they are designed to be practical.

If there are no further questions, let's go prepare. We'll be jumping to hyperspace immediately, and need to be underway before we get to Urmas.

Remove ads