• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Syrinscape back from the dead... and better than ever...

benjamin

Explorer
Hi all, :)

Thought you'd be interested to know my Syrinscape website is back up and 'alive'.

My host managed to comletely lose everything, but I've managed to restore it all from backup now. Sorry to all those who will have lost their user log in, just make a new one! :rant:

I've also taken this oppotunity to redesign how the site works. Everyone now has access to ALL the content. I've decided to let every member download all the sets I have designed, and then decide if they feel like they've got something worth a donation.

Basically it's free to try and use, but donate if you want to encourage the creation of more content and improvement of the program. :eek:

Incase you have no idea what Syrinscape: :confused:
Syrinscape automatically creates continuous, nonrepeating, sparse, unobtrusive, adjustable background noise for any Table Top Role Playing situation. You can even import your own effects and music tracks. My gaming group has been using Syrinscape for a year and the players love it. It helps to maintain and enhance the mood brilliantly!

Come and check it out at:

Welcome to Syrinscape | Syrinscape

Ben

Want incredibly atmospheric background
soundscapes for your gaming table?
Go to:
www.syrinscape.com
Listen to mp3s of Syrinscape in action.
Then Download it for free!

weem

First Post
Very interesting, I will have to check this out ;)

I currently use Rhapsody and access the 'sounds of nature' type albums, etc. I listened to the demo, and watched the video and it looks cool!

benjamin

Explorer
New version of Syrinscape coming early 2013

Hey!

Pretty excited!

It looks like I'll be able to start work on the new version of Syrinscape THIS Monday!

I've had some pretty awesome feedback from people using it already, and I have GREAT plans for making it heaps more powerful and MUCH easier and hassle free to use. One click SoundSet change (for example).

Heaps of people have been asking for ages for more SoundSets... so I'll be getting cracking on that front as well. I have a list the length of my arm for different kinds of settings!

If you have no idea what all this is about then:
www.facebook.com/Syrinscape

:)

Benjamin

benjamin

Explorer
Thanks Quickleaf!

...am working away at the new version feverishly!

Trying to balance actually getting it out... and making it totally awesome.

The more features you add, the more potential bugs you create, the more lead time you need...

:)

Ben

Looks interesting benjamin. I currently use an iPod on an iPod dock with a number of different playlists for my game (i.e. Combat, Dungeon, Background, Travel, etc.). All the music is instrumental so it doesn't distract too much from what is going on.

Can Syrinscape work with that to add in background sounds (i.e. dripping water, howling wind, forest sounds, etc) or does it fill a similar role to what I am already doing with my iPod/iPod dock.

I'm thinking I would run the iPod on the dock still, and have Syrinscape come in every now and again with background sounds from my laptop.

Out of interest, your location is Forestville. Is that Forestville in South Australia?

Olaf the Stout

benjamin

Explorer
Syrinscape does sounds and music!

Hey Olaf,

I'm in Forestville, NSW.

Syrinscape can certainly work in either of those two ways. There are SoundSets including Medieval Town, Forests during the Day and Night, Flooded Caverns with lots of drips, Thunderstorms, a generic battle set with lots of roars and cries, a cool set with a dragon going mental, a spooky horror type set and of course a DUNGEON set.

Most of these sets have music (which can be turned off) included, the roleplaying sets have very backgroundy instrumental songs, and the battle sets have vigorous instrumental music. You can also easily add in your own music in mp3, wav or ogg format.

Have a listen to the demos and such on the homepage:

and/or check out this youtube video where you can see me using it, as you would in a game:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOFeLaDMkOc]Syrinscape - at the gaming table.MTS - YouTube[/ame]

Does that answer your questions?

Benjamin

Want incredibly atmospheric background
soundscapes for your gaming table?
Go to: Welcome to Syrinscape | Syrinscape
Download for free!
See a program demo, and listen to mp3s
of Syrinscape in action.

Looks interesting benjamin. I currently use an iPod on an iPod dock with a number of different playlists for my game (i.e. Combat, Dungeon, Background, Travel, etc.). All the music is instrumental so it doesn't distract too much from what is going on.

Can Syrinscape work with that to add in background sounds (i.e. dripping water, howling wind, forest sounds, etc) or does it fill a similar role to what I am already doing with my iPod/iPod dock.

I'm thinking I would run the iPod on the dock still, and have Syrinscape come in every now and again with background sounds from my laptop.

Out of interest, your location is Forestville. Is that Forestville in South Australia?

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads