• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Syrinscape - makes background noises for Pen and Paper RPGs - Download it free!

benjamin

Explorer
Hey all!

I've been reading all these forums for ages, and never joined before... but now here I am!

I think I've finished my website! And I thought you might like to take a look!

www.syrinscape.com

Come and check it out.

You can download (for free) the basic version of a new program I have written - Syrinscape.

Syrinscape automatically creates continuous, nonrepeating, sparse, unobtrusive, adjustable background noise for any Table Top Role Playing situation. EVEN 4th edition maybe!?!?!

At my website you can listen to mp3 samples of Syrinscape in action. You can watch a youtube video of the program in use... and much much more (well not actually MUCH more, but some).

Come and check it out. My gaming group has been using Syrinscape for 6 months and the players seem to love it. It helps to enhance and maintain the mood brilliantly!

www.syrinscape.com

Ben

Want incredibly atmospheric background
soundscapes for your gaming table?
Go to: www.syrinscape.com
Download for free!
See a program demo, and listen to mp3s
of Syrinscape in action.

benjamin

Explorer
Please enjoy!

Thanks....

I'm pretty excited to have it at a publishable state now...

...as I said we've been using it in my group for about 6 months, and the players love it.

Had an amazing encounter with a Lich the other night (in Red hand of doom - I've been building him up as the BBG in my Campaign for about a year now)... I unvieled my "Spooky" set... You could have cut the mood with a cheese knife!

Hope some others have some fun with it too!

:)

Ben

The Little Raven

First Post
I've actually been looking for something like this for a few years now. In some of my games, I run ambient sound (usually pulled from Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2), but always had trouble with adding in extra effects and such (like owls hooting, etc.). This looks to be precisely what I need, so I'm gonna test the living sh-t out of this and give you some feedback.

This has incredible potential.

Tewligan

First Post
Sounds interesting! I'll download it when I get home and toy around with it. I'm not a fan of laptops at the table, but I may just make an exception if this proves useful...

Oh, and minor quibble - I find your website a little hard to read. Maybe a different color for either the text or the background would be easier on the eyes?

You might want to check out point #7 on your license agreement:

"7.The contract arising out of this agreement is governed by the laws and courts of the State of New South Whales and Australia."

Perhaps you mean New South Wales?

But I've downloaded it, and it's pretty awesome!

-Ragnar

Dayspire

Explorer
Hmm, I can't get this to work for me. Anyone else having problems?

Here's the error I'm getting from the log.
[sblock]Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Syrinscape.pyw", line 1, in <module>
File "wx\__init__.pyc", line 45, in <module>
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 4, in <module>
File "wx\_core_.pyc", line 12, in <module>
File "wx\_core_.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Syrinscape.pyw", line 1, in <module>
File "wx\__init__.pyc", line 45, in <module>
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 4, in <module>
File "wx\_core_.pyc", line 12, in <module>
File "wx\_core_.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads