• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Table Language

How much gaming do you do in 8 hours?

• Less then 1 hour

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Less then 4 hours

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More then 4 hours

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • We're in character start to finish no BSing allowed

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Poll closed .

Talon5

First Post
Curious about something-

What do you guys do for character speak? Do you all speak in the medevil tones of 1100 A.D. or is it more like street slang from today?

Personally I attempt to keep character attitude and mannerisms- Grayson (ranger/fighter/deepwood sniper) is anti social, lacks personal skill. Elrick the awakened dog is brash and blunt. Brooke very personable and helpful thou impulsive. I do not attempt to use accents unless I know them well and there are few I know at all.

Wombat

First Post
This varies highly from session to session.

We probably average more than half "in character", then some in modern terminology, then totally outside of gameness, and finally in gamespeak.

We try to keep the gamespeak to an absoltute minimum...

the Jester

Legend
I'd say we're in character half the time, but the amount of time we play in 8 hours is probably close to six and a half or seven hours. We goof off simultaneously, of course. ;) But we game when we game.

diaglo

Adventurer
we are in character when we interact with each other and NPCs. we use language everyone in the group will understand.

i speak Klingon and Tolkien elf but i don't know how many of the others do, so it would make it hard on them. ;)

otherwise there is some discussion out of character about mechanics and tactics. and helpful advice for the n00bs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads