• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tabletop Gaming News for Saturday, 20 April, 2013 [Plus: D&D is Evil!]

EN World News We have a boardgame review of FFG's Relic, in which the worlds of space marines and Talisman collide -- "...it's the gaming equivalent of a summer blockbuster, all pomp and fireworks, a blast of fun entertainment that's still perhaps a little bit too long but can be forgiven thanks to the bright shinies." Pathfinder RPG News Check out Erik Mona's minis blog for a look at...

[h=3]EN World News[/h]
  • We have a boardgame review of FFG's Relic, in which the worlds of space marines and Talisman collide -- "...it's the gaming equivalent of a summer blockbuster, all pomp and fireworks, a blast of fun entertainment that's still perhaps a little bit too long but can be forgiven thanks to the bright shinies."

[h=3]Pathfinder RPG News[/h]

20130419-HugeFront.jpg

[h=3]David "Zeb" Cook Auctions Personal TSR Items[/h]
The auction will include over 300 lots including numerous products Zeb worked on and designed for TSR. Highlights of the auction will include rare foreign language editions, inscribed and autographed copies, editorial and review copies, author's and comp copies, and personal play copies!

Among the very special items are Zeb’s own rare copies of TSR’s Collector Trading Cards, a run of the nigh impossible to find Random Events, TSR’s employee newsletter, original TSR artwork by DiTerlizzi, Tim Truman, and Jeff Dee, TSR Gen Con signage from 1994, TSR letters, memos, and interoffice documents detailing the goings on at TSR from 1979 through 1987, signed material from Gary Gygax, Brian Blume, Zeb Cook, Jim Ward, Roger Moore, Fred Fields, Anne Gray, Mike Cook, Steve Winter, Jeff Grubb, Slade, and Bruce Heard, a catalog photo mock-up of B6 The Veiled Society, and a number of original and review manuscripts for Crimefighters, Gangbusters, and Star Frontiers!

The auction will begin tomorrow (Sunday 21st April) and last for one week. It is being held by The Collectors Trove on eBay. [full list of what will be available]

[h=3]D&D Is Evil![/h]
Or so says Pat Robertson, a religious American broadcaster. Seems the 80s have returned!

[video=youtube;Ifwc_y_S3BY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ifwc_y_S3BY[/video]​

delericho

Legend
Actually, I think we're flattering ourselves. Looked to me like he hadn't actually given the game a moment's thought in the last 30 years. Of course, the downside of that is that he hadn't updated his prejudices.

I did find it amusing that he didn't actually answer the question that was asked, though.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I think he's confused. Dungeons and Dragons is not based on Magic the Gathering; however he is correct, Magic the Gathering is EVIL and you should flee from it.

Triton7IV

First Post
This thought paradigm comes from people who do not understand the game itself. He is right, we should stay away from evil, but evil comes from within. My parents are strict Christians and hated the idea of me playing such games. What people like that don't understand is Role Players (table top version) are generally more intelligent and more educated than their average peer.

It is true, there is the occasional "Freak"that takes it too far. But what it really comes down to is how the child is raised. I've made the same argument to my wife about "First Person Shooter"games. They are not the reason behind mass shootings or school shootings. I have many friends who play both types of games, some of them a bit excessively. None of them have turned out the way that the government and fanatical Christians have proposed. The reason? Because they had good parenting. The ones who turn out badly are the ones who have bad parenting.

Can they lead to evil? Sure... so can eating too many twinkies.

crossmlk

First Post
It's all just red meat for whichever side of the argument you're on. The RPG community uses crazy statements like this to get all worked up. The fundamentalist community gets all worked up over what they see as a challenge to their beliefs. I can personally attest to the fact that if you ignore stuff like these statements you'll feel a lot better.

GameOgre

Adventurer
It's all just red meat for whichever side of the argument you're on. The RPG community uses crazy statements like this to get all worked up. The fundamentalist community gets all worked up over what they see as a challenge to their beliefs. I can personally attest to the fact that if you ignore stuff like these statements you'll feel a lot better.

Ignore something on the internet?

Nay Sir,NAY!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads