• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tac-Tiles: Gone for good?

Valesin

First Post
I guess I know the answer to this since a google search turned up nothing, but have Tac-Tiles gone the way of the Specialty Priest? Does anyone know if another company stepped in and produced a similar product?

Dragon Snack

First Post
I keep hearing that other companies are looking into similar products (since Tac-Tiles couldn't patent a 'game board'), but they never seem to materialize.

Is there some sort of patent? I was surprised that some other company was able to patent their 'flying base' (which was just a piece of acrylic with engraving on the side, hardly what I would consider unique), so maybe they did get one...

Metus

First Post
I found tac-tiles through ENworld, and let me just say that it tears me up that tac-tiles is gone. It was such a great product, and I thought it was selling really well!

I really hope someone steps in to fill the void, because other battlemaps simply cannot compare.

Crothian

First Post
It sold very well. They sold everyone they made. They had people that wanted to buy it when it was all gone. They just weren't able to do it again. :(

smootrk

First Post
Crothian said:
It sold very well. They sold everyone they made. They had people that wanted to buy it when it was all gone. They just weren't able to do it again. :(
Egads! With this kind of demand, couldn't they just jump-up the price to a level where the product could be produced profitably? I would still purchase that product at double the price they initially sold at... and so would my friends who have seen the tac-tiles in use.

Remove ads