Tact-Tiles Mk II set

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
What about these that are being advertised on ENWorld? Now I'm really confused.

LTIndex

Longtooth's Battle Boards are similar to Tact-Tiles, but there are some differences.

For one, they are not compatible with the original Tact-Tiles. Also, I believe they are made out of particle board, or something like it. I've yet to actually see one to say for sure and don't really feel comfortable saying much more because of that fact.

But to clarify, Longtooth is using their own name and not the "Tact-Tiles" brand name. And legally, they can do exactly that.

Best of luck to them I say. We don't mind competition as long as it's honest and ethical.

Thanlis

Explorer
Thanks. I'll look into this. We've got documents from our lawyer that say otherwise, but it wouldn't be the first time this kind of issue has popped up.

But then, as I understand it, the first time you sell an item in the US, you automatically have the trademark. BC-Products did so, then passed ownership to us.

Yeah, you don't have to register it, as I understand it. But you do have to defend it -- might be as easy as letting the USPTO know that you have an established trademark. You can get the name of the guy handling this application if you search for the application, and he's probably the right place to start.

Good luck. I don't particularly trust the quality of GVW, given their attitude and sloppiness about other things. I'm holding out for your stuff.

Put me down as another person holding out for the original Tact-Tiles to make their way back into the market. Great Victory Widgets just come across as dodgy to me.

Longtooth Studios come across as quite honest and up-front. However I still would like to buy the original Tact-Tiles (without resorting to eBay).

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads